Real F1 2014 Season - Off Topic Discussion

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by MikeeCZ, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I can only see Mercedes giving Nico an internal and very secretive fine, if he in fact admitted what was reported during the meeting.
    They'd be very careful not to give the details to anybody for fear of it opening any sort of investigation.
    Any exposure could bring a reprisal from the FIA and possibly stripping him of points or worst.
    I believe that is the #1 reasons why Toto was so quick to get out there... keen to deny the allegation.
    At the end of the day, the CC and the prize it brings, is their primary focus.
    They're not going to jeopardize that by having Nico investigated...right or wrong.
    I think if Lewis is able to 'claw' it back and win the WDC, he'll move on.
    If he doesn't, I think he'll stay...as long as he has support from senior management and doesn't believe they're conspiring against him.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I noticed, as of race 2, that the Red bull had way more corner exit grip than absolutely anyone on the grid, just like years before. Also, Button said that the Red Bull passed people on the outside, in testing, where no other car could pass.

Newey clearly excels at the 2009+ F1 regs. Well he was always brilliant, but you know what I mean, his cars weren't consistently devastatingly quick during the mid 90s-2008 period, just the year here or there (98, 99 and 2005 come to mind, maybe 2000 as well but Ferrari really closed the gap that year, much, much more so than in 98 and 99.).

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Lol, before Newey retires he should go to one of the backmarker teams, for just one season.
    Build a crazy fast unbeatable car at, say, Marussia. Could be fun to watch. ;)

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

He should have just went to Ferrari. What a guy. Who wouldn't want to leave their mark with Ferrari, especially considering their current state. It would have been a beautiful thing to watch Newey try to bring Ferrari to the top.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Loving the new ban on performance related pit to driver messages.
    Should provide some unpredictability and chaos at the next race... ;)

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

If that would be the case drivers are depending on this much more then they should, doubt that's the case. Not so sure if will have a big impact because if a driver is not properly coached on forehand then his team sux :p

7. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

This season so far every race had some serious WTF moments, Sochi is no exception. They must have added maple syrup into the mixure when they were paving the road, whole race on 1 stint... that is unheard of since 50s?

8. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

a couple of years back they were FORCED to do the entire race on one set of tyres. Back then there were pitstops, but only to refuel. It was at least in 2005, and maybe some other years.

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Except for the guys who were flatspotting their tires. :p

Yeah, not sure if it was the tire or the new surface which caused lack of degradation here. After watching the race, Sochi, for a modern circuit seems pretty good. It's way better than COTA IMO. It was an interesting race, I especially enjoyed Ricciardo crying on the radio that Vettel was in his way early in the race. F1 drivers nowadays, lol.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Very enjoyable race for sure, and a very good track.
    Turn 4 is pretty hairy!

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Wow... so it seems we're actually gonna lose a team for the last races of the year... :(

12. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Sure nobody will notice the difference...:eek: (hope I don't have to say the same for the Ferrari in the future lol)

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm pretty sure Marussia will notice a significant difference, a whole lot of pressure off their shoulders championship-wise. :)

14. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

in case you missed it, presure is of indeed, since they're missing austin as well.....

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Wow yeah, I just got caught up on that too... That's really sad.

On another note, about the current F1 safety brainstorming, you should read Gary Hartstein's blog on this.
    Hilarious and insightful as always:
    http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/2014/10/25/remote-control-safety/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  16. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Weeee, very cruel for Nico but Lewis was the one who shoud have won anyway. What a season...

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

What a season indeed!

And the right man came out on top, so that's just great. Very touching to see how much it meant for Lewis to finally get another championship.
    He really deserved it.

Heartbreaking for Nico though... Great sportsmanship despite his cruel luck.

I feel like only one of a few who actually enjoyed 2014, but for me this has been one of the greatest seasons I've witnessed since 1999.
    Can't wait for 2015!!! :cool:

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, huge congrats to Lewis on his second title... he drove amazingly well. Tough luck for Nico though. He seemed to get nearly every problem going but huge respect to him for wanting to fight till the end and the way handled his defeat.

Always liked him but have even more respect for him now...

His day will come...

19. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Lewis was overally less lucky over the season, it almost felt like karma for Nico, but its true that everytime he dint win, he kept his head up, so yes, im pretty sure his day indeed will come

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Why shouldn't he complain ?

At that stage 1ST, 2ND or 3rd in championship was not tied up ...........but Vettel ?? .......he had NO chance no matter what. !!!

Fighting a team mate you can out place in points is fair enough, Vettel was just being a ahole.

:rolleyes::confused: