ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Panigale

Panigale Banned

LOL. I did the same, thought that each track was looking better but this didn't leave any room for improvement. I'm sure it will set a new benchmark for rF2 when released and I look forward to it. The content on this sim never stops improving. All we need is a nice street course or two and we'll have a bit of everything.

2. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Lookin' good, ISI track team. You continually surprise and amaze me with your talents and the way you take this raw data and transform it into an exciting driving adventure. I also look forward to circulating at Atlanta, at speed, in the upcoming Cobra ;-)

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The Brits are overly proud of their stuff, maybe the French will surrender all rights if someone from ISI sets foot in Rouen.

ps: do some people actually believe those images are game rendered with the assets made?!

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

My dream of one day seeing an ISI version of Cadwell Park fades a little more. :(

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Just go visit them and convince them of the PR merits of having their track in rF2 and why they should offer it for free to ISI. They get to control use of all marks and so forth.

And everyone else with a great local track, go do the same thing. It costs them nothing and they get free publicity. Asking for "rent" when no one will pay leaves them with the same amount of money (zero), but less publicity and good will.

Look at the new Brazilian series Reiza is giving away. Those series promoters have their heads screwed-on straight. Perhaps Rubens had a chat with them? ;)

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Offer them a local rF2 installation running the cars in the virtual version of Cadwell, Rich.

7. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

The problem, I think, is that it's owned by motorsports vision. This makes me think it wouldn't be as simple as setting a meeting at cadwell and talking it over with them.

Having said that, I honestly would if it would do any good......its about 25 minutes from me....

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Throw in a couple a hot chicks too.

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

The bigger the company the more money they want, especially if they look at their history of what they have gotten in the past. Hence the reason why I highly doubt you'll ever see a official version of a track that NASCAR races on since NASCAR owns almost all of the tracks they race on.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That would explain a lot. ;)
    Maybe Tim should bring him along to future meetings when discussing track licensing.
    You have to be a cold hearted SOB to be able to resist his charm. ;)

11. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I do seem to remember reading on the iracing forums that a member acting as a liaison between iracing and the circuit in Montreal was, in the very least, very helpful in them getting it signed.

So it wouldn't be a bad idea, maybe.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That's it then.

Tim, call up Mr Rubinho and bring him along to future negotiations. :D:p

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Rubinho is settled in Brazil and though he may be eyeing a F1 return, he's far away. Try Felipe Massa, everyone still feels for the guy and his amazing display of grace towards Lewis, also his answer is likely to be "for sure!" :p

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I think you are getting carried away with my reference to Barachello perhaps helping Reiza (he is a big, big fan of theirs). We're talking about a British track. Reiza already got their Brazilian race series!

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

They were posted on some news outlets as "screens" even though they were sent as "images". :)

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I grew up in Caistor and would love to, but I have issues getting someone local (probably without going there the next time I am in the UK visiting my parents). Any time I try to contact it is bounced to MV and they have minimums they won't go under, that are above my maximum when compared to arguably nicer tracks elsewhere.

I'd be perfectly happy for them to be nudged, if you know someone.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I meant in this forum, some comments seem to regard the images as texture work included :p.

18. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I don't to be fair. Though, I would happily try to contact someone at the circuit and/or drive up there to try and show them they should be a part of rfactor2.

But as you said, I fully expect to be ignored or bounced by msv.

19. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't understand why track owners don't encourage and request that their tracks be made part of a SIM (for free or very low cost). Any exposure is good exposure, isn't it? I for one would be more inclined to visit a course on race day and pay for a ticket if I had prior experience on the track in a SIM. Where are the negatives in this?

Or is it just a matter of greed?

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

When is something not a matter of greed? ;)