ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Minibull

Minibull Member

Got a link for it? I recall it being posted in a comment by a reader...not as one of the "comparison" articles they do

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Maybe they don't post things if it makes rF2 look good relative to other sims?

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

The conspiracy thing is OTT for me, but these are the comparisons that actually make a bit more sense to show...but it's all subjective eh Gui? ;)

Anyway, should we keep this more OT? Hahaha

5. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Seriously ... a sim racing news site managed by an employed for a racing game ... LOL

In the little of our beloved nichle, that reminds me that 50% of the italian public TV are owned by a politician, for the sake of free and impartial information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Berlusconi

Sim racing like Turkey (no offence for Turkey sim racers, if they are not involved in media). :)

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I am curious about the method employed for obtaining this, regarding the Atlanta track. If it was provided by the track, obtained from satellite, tape measured by Gjon for the past 7 months, etc

http://t.co/DNMemtgfuv

7. traind

traind Registered

I agree about the conspiracy theories. If you go to the Virtualr site and look in the RF2 section there are 51 pages worth of RF2 content... each page contains 14 links to separate news stories focused on RF2. For a free site with ads that don't interfere directly with your viewing I think they do a good job covering the sim scene. In case you were wondering... there are 25 pages of links to content covering pcars. All in all, I think the editor does a nice job limiting any influence his biases might provoke.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Careful, posting fact and logic will get a couple of villagers with pitchforks after you.

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Back on topic baby!!

rFactor2 ‏@rFactor2 8m8 minutes ago
    This is a section of kerbing at @ATLMotorPark from our reference photos, and in (work-in-progress) rFactor 2.

[​IMG]

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

rFactor2 ‏@rFactor2 10m10 minutes ago
    We listened, you want rubber on the kerbs before realroad takes effect and puts it there. :) It'll be there with @ATLMotorPark onwards...

11. sg333

sg333 Registered

This is excellent news, and the screens look fantastic. You don't end up with a racetrack that looks too artificial or cartoony.

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It looks quite nice too, it all blends in great

[​IMG]

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

looks great, reflection on blue paint surface looks nice too ( if this actually shows up in-sim etc )

I don't really care about track surroundings but really hoping the layout /cambers/inclines/declines/bumps are very similar to
    charlotte

the imperfect / slightly dirty/rubbered curbs
    -it's good the track team took these ( I think they were mine ) comments on board

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The stuff currently being mentioned will probably be dead on "similar" to the track it's going to emulate, Atlanta :p. What is the point of building something to just be very similar? Either go for the actual layout or be inspired by it to create something else.

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

arh that's right it's atlanta .....I've been away & lost track lol

16. Emery

Emery Registered

Beautiful detail! Pity we'll only really notice the hi-res when stopped on track...

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Fantastic news that we will have tracks that look like they have been used by race cars.

As I mentioned ad nauseum already, if you look at the video of the inaugural Indy race on the road course earlier this year, the curbs were covered in wear marks BEFORE the race had even begun. And that was on a brand new track that we know had only been finished a few weeks before the race. Just some practice sessions and a bit of testing had already eliminated any notion of a "new" or "freshly painted" look that unfortunately, even if it was accurate, looks artificial and inauthentic in a digital racing sim.

18. Minibull

Minibull Member

Kinda torn with that news. Looks good, but then I liked the way the curbs would rubber in if you were hitting them. Considering the green setting available is meant to be a brand new surface, made sense to me that the curbs were fresh painted too. And would stay looking fresh unless cars started driving over them.
    Oh well, still looks great :)

19. tjc

tjc Registered

I kinda see what your saying Mini but I also have to say those shots of the track/curbs look really really good...

:cool:

Nice work track team!

:)

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

A green track doesn't mean one that is just built and has been repainted five minutes before you get there. It's a track that has wear and tear and possibly some minimal rubber if it hasn't been washed away by a heavy rain. Then, the track rubbers-in with usage over a weekend, just like in real life. Of course I am not sure the rubbering-in is affected by rain (yet) in rF2, but that's another topic.

Do you really want to visit a track that looks like no one else has ever been there? Or a realistic one that also dynamically gets (more) rubbered-in with use, including the curbs when they are hit?