ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Just wow dude. You're a massive troll. You're obviously intelligent enough not to be, you just choose to be. Good luck with that choice.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Who said anything about no further improvement? Of course further improvement is needed and is to be expected. But is ISI just sitting on their hands you suppose?

The sim is in constant development and is constantly improving, bit by bit, in the order and priority that ISI see fit, as they explained in great detail very recently.

It is just not valid to think that they would concentrate on gimmicks like animated pit stops at this point of development, nor should they imo.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I guess I just have a hard time understanding how someone else previewing a feature when they're already 'ahead', would see that amount of 'ahead' be reversed, by us implementing the same feature that they don't yet have, which can't have helped get them 'ahead'. Logic would say that if they are 'ahead', it can't be because of a feature they've only just previewed. Demanding that feature, to claw back some 'ahead'-ness, doesn't seem logical either. Neither does saying they are 'ahead' due to it.

4. 88mphTim

That is why the only answer you can really give to a post is something equally strange, like 42. Debating is fruitless.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Seriously, if people are driven away from this sim because of a lack of animated pit stops I say good for them and good riddance. They may not appreciate the more serious aspects of a hardcore sim? Thankfully there are plenty of other more gimmicky titles out there ready to welcome those people. I for one will stay right here, with my little red pit arrow that I always miss. My world doesn't collapse because of that... :p

6. stonec

stonec Registered

There is a pit crew already in rF2, see image below, just that it's only visible in developer mode. I would imagine adding some basic tire change animations to it wouldn't be so difficult. There is already an animation system in rF2 for marshalls etc, even animated horses that someone spent a lot time on. :)

View attachment 14451

7. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Making the art assets isnt so much of a problem, problem is that it would have to be coded (begin of the animation event by stopping in pits) To make this feature proper, many more issues follow, such is every series have differend rules when it comes to pit crew, some series dont allow more than 2 people to be working on the car at any given moment, some series allow 36 people that need to be highly coordinated. Than there is your inability to drive over them, as there shoud be a time penalty for killing your pit crew, which would be issued very often given an average driver level :) Some series allow refueling, some dont, it just goes on and before you know it, there is a massive coding efford that needs to go into it. ALso it would add a massive amout of parametres into Cars, where you would have to specify what pit rules apply for that car.

8. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

I think the basic crew like in the dev mode would help to find your grid spot a lot easier.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

A lot of people don't care for that car for reasons ranging from interest in the real thing to how it fits to their virtual driving purposes. Your generalized judgment is premeditated and unwarranted.

I believe ISI is developing rF2 the way the plan to and the budget assumption is just that, assumption. Speculation. More people can always be hire to develop or assist in developing content, but if the development is going along their plans why would they do that? Don't get me wrong, I'm always looking forward to certain cars being introduced or updated, and even more looking forward to new tracks and single-player experience improvements but there's a long way between consumer perception and speculation to the reality of the inner workings of the beast.

10. 88mphTim

Unless you're in any car except the FISI 2011. :)

11. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

:rolleyes:

12. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Not to dignify any of this, of course, but I struggle to think of anything LESS important than animated pit crews...

13. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Pigeons

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Checkered flag dude wearing a suit

15. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

What kind of suit ? Probably not the one I'm thinking of rotfl

16. stonec

stonec Registered

Well one can argue that the animated trackside cows and horses found at historic Spa would be of less importance than pit crew. :rolleyes:

17. 88mphTim

Not for Spa. :) At the time they were created, we had an animated crew, which you can see in the dev mode. But only for the one car.

18. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Just being able to change the colour of the pit box like we could in rF1 so its easy to actually see would be nice

19. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

20. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

To add on that, I wouldn't mind if player can have another colour then opposition ;) I once had opponent pit crews enabled (just so that if pitcrews were added, I would be able to see them), but then when they were going to pit they also had a red marking on the ground, and I had no idea which one was mine :p had to stop on them all, just to find out, LOL :D