ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Dude, Codemasters' F1 2014 has animated pit stops too! And you get to see the whole pit stop from an exterior tv cam while you're still in the car! Now that's cool, huh? You might wanna check that out too. :p:rolleyes:

Animated pit stops really is a deal breaker for me, like totally. Never mind superior physics and force feedback, all the other fantastic and unique features you mentioned. If I'm not immersed while holding stationary, it's not worth it. Thank God Kunos is able to bring racing sims into the future, today.

:p;)

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

If ISI were 'market leaders' (a bit black and white, huh?) they'd pretty much have been forced to water everything down to be able to grab the attention and the money of the mass market. It's a great sim because it's niche, they don't have to cater to anyone but hardcore sim racers, that's the beauty of it.

The really funny thing is the way a lot of people imagine that ISI is in some kind of deep crisis. I just struggle to understand what makes people believe such nonsense? What is this big battle that ISI is losing?

To be able to grab a bigger piece of the pie ISI would have to basically 'sell out', like others sim companies have done. Who on earth would want that?

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Because people tend to start to believe their preconceived notions and hear-say opions after they have been repeated enough times, like they were fact.
    Being smacked in the face with actual facts, doesn't get through anymore... It's like people in a discussion who think if they talk louder it makes them 'more right',
    in the same sense, repeating things over and over doesn't make then suddenly become 'more true'....

It seems the track team have to seemingly defend their tweets from time to time to end or prevent an argument, well...

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

And people wonder why the devs don't spend heaps of time on the forum, getting all their faces in promotional material...people always wanting more time spent interfacing and communicating...

Preferring to get on with their work and get on with it...= crisis at ISI guys XD

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If it was about more pie, we'd be putting consoles in the oven.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

The only probklem that ISI has, is that RF2 is so hard on the nerves of their customers, that after a driving session they need to come on the forum to vent for every silly thing that is on the forum. :)
    When RF2 frustrate me to the point that I close it , I simply play something other, or do something else. There is nothing wrong with it, maybe we should support a charity for RF2 customers.

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It's not just one thing, it's many things (read around THIS forum) but those many small things (like animated pit stops) that build up and people go to other sims. I think you can build a better sim, have the ultimate physics AND include little bits of fluff. But ISI would have to read around to see what people want. They say they have a small team- OK, I get that. Then they waste resources on a car like the Panoz which has featured in 0 online games, 0 leagues and is used by 0 people.

Animated pit stops is 1 of about "42" items keeping players away.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

'Fluff' just isn't important imo. Which I probably also why ISI doesn't prioritize it. I'm all for that.

Also they didn't waste resources in making the Panoz. The fact that no one is using it is beyond me. It says way more about the community and the users that it does about ISI.

I have never experienced a level of frustration that caused me to close the sim. Maybe I'm just lucky..? Or maybe some people just need to chill a bit. Just a thought.

9. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

But you're stil here. Writing the same post over and over again. I guess this is the game you like most.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Lol yeah one would be led to think so.

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Brilliant! Like that... :D :cool:

12. tjc

tjc Registered

This... :)

13. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Good question. Couldn't agree more with your line of thinking.

Touché. Excellent response, Tuttle. Thanks for TM Aerodrome, btw.

14. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I think some could get the impression ISI is in a bit of if not crisis then perhaps trouble because:

Development seems slow at times.
    Team seems maybe a bit too small for this ambitious project.
    The builds are often infected with quite obvious bugs. (This build apparently has broken the rain drops, rain reflection and night driving, which are some of main features of the sim. Many experience CTDs with this build. Autoupdate is not implemented for non subscribers as promised)
    Competition is tough.

Maybe this is not the case. Maybe RF2 is developing in exactly the pace devs have planned and they have a budget so tight that it doesnt matter if potential customers buy other sims.

Remember it doesnt really matter what all of us think - they already have our money. Its up and coming simmers they need to attract.

I do believe that Guybo has a point because competion is not like it was 1 or 2 years ago.

15. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

1. I know why ISI is failing/I know why people are "staying away". They told me. All of them.
    2. If only ISI would listen to me. I could save their company.

I see that over and over again in this forum though not in those exact words.

LOL

16. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I think Tim said a a little while back that ISI has no debt. Obviously SimBin went bankrupt and relaunched as Sector 3 Studios, Kunos has sold a lot of copies but Steam gets its cut, pCars hasn't released yet and the massive amount of players involved with the project have already paid years ago, so in effect they haven't sold any copies yet but I have no doubt across all the platforms they will possibly ship 6 figures.
    I wonder if the other 3 (Sector 3, Kunos and SMS) can state they have no debt ?

17. Comante

Comante Registered

I think the market is much more open and free than what you can think, and there is place for many products that marginally occupy the same niche. You should not worry so much.

18. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Kunos has stated in their forum they have no debt - dont know about the others.

Edit. Deleted the quote - dont know if Im allowed to post it here.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh if I only had a dime for every time I come across that nonsense... lol :D

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Yeah you're right. Looks like it's time to stop expecting improvement. I guess I just get stubborn and don't move on when it'd be best to.