sunlight in rf2?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Oct 7, 2013.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi guys! seeing some screenshoots from Pcars like this:
    [​IMG]
    Or from the upcoming FMS5 title
    [​IMG]
    Or even from the old gen ps3
    [​IMG]

I wonder why I have never seen this sunlight/lens flare in rfactor 2?!
    How I can achieve something like this or similar to this in rfactor 2?!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
  2. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Don't think its been put it yet for rfactor 2. It's in GTR 2 which is quite old now and looks really good.
    Unless I'm missing a hidden setting, Maybe it will come when they do the Rain drops?

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

It looks like an lens flare effect, which I am not sure I really want to see in a racing game. It would not be adding realism as most people don't look through a camera lens to drive.

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

the Forza screenshot is lens flare and that has nothing to do in simulation (max in replays in camera mode)
    the rest would be accetable as sun glare, but in my opinion, when a sun shines right in your face, you whole screen shoud be turning white, in some good looking manners, not just the area where the sun is located, as one cant simply see anything anywhere when the sun shines into ones face

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'd love to see tracks with sunlight (not lens flare, just the proper lighting) without having to resort to HDR, which doesn't work properly anyway.

6. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Having a lens flare that invades your vision while you drive into the sun IS realistic. Get in your car and drive into the sun at sunset sometime. There will be a large portion of your vision obstructed by the sunlight. Also, having a huge flare when driving simulates you not being able to see very well. To me it sounds like you are for non-realism. Sounds like you would rather drive into the sunset in game and be able to see fine. Doesn't make any sense.

7. stonec

stonec Registered

There is a sun and sunlight in rF2, it just doesn't look very spectacular at the moment.

View attachment 10236

8. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

I think you're misunderstanding what the LENSflare is about.

9. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

The guy is not talking about lens flare, he's talking about not being able to see when you're facing the sun.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Clear, sunny conditions in rF2 = cloudy, overcast lighting like that depressing shot :p.

11. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

All of the shots the OP posted look ridiculous, be glad you don't see that in rf2.

12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

But i can look directly into the sun while wearing polarized ray bans without any glare.

I'm fine with these stupid graphic effects as long as there is an option to turn them off.

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I don't know if the sunlight alla Pcars or the lens flar(??!) is realistic or less realistic, but looking at the screenshots from Pcars/FMS5 and GT5, they seem alive and they give you that sense of life and deepness and I think that sunlight help a lot of giving that sense of life and dinamism, but when you look to rf2 screenshots they appear to be a bit lifeless,static and flat!
    Maybe a bit of sunlight would help to give some " life" to the rfactor 2 environment!

14. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

With certain HDR profiles, you can tell there's a faint effect, but there's still a veil over the sun right now. Maybe in a later update. Even GT4 had that.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

FYI Sun Occlusion is broken in build 300, RF2 usually looks a lot better than it currently does when that's working.

16. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

That's a fantastic simulation of what your view would look like unless you wore sunglasses or squinted a lot.

I think it would indeed be tremendously cool if we had this types of lighting effect that we would need to deal with like irl on the race track.

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yep, keep the light/bright spot from the sun...but remove the lens flare unless it is a trackside camera...

18. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

agreed

19. Rik

Rik Registered

+1 lens flare is arcade :D with my eyes i never see it, only with camera and special filter.

20. C3PO

C3PO Registered

You get lens flare with a helmet on too.