[REL] [Open Beta v0.9] International Formula Series 3

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Rtsrcool

Rtsrcool Registered

Great mod, thanks very much guys! Lots of fun!

Just noticed that on Palm Beach the sides of the tires have a carbon texture! IsI track too, maybe related to the trackmap issue on mores?

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Gave a very quick (AI) test at a few other tracks, ISI and community and so far, the steering wheel has been fine at all but Mores.

3. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

HALLELUJA - thats soo nice to hear that ! Getting alot more optimistic about RF2 now :) Cant wait to get home and try this mod !

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... the tyre side walls seem perfectly ok for me at PB:

[​IMG]

:confused:

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Can confirm Silverstone it's fine. But Silverstone is too large for these, these are better suited to small circuits.

Are there plans to make use of the Chassis Flex that ISI have introduced? I hope all modders plan to make use of it.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

many thanks MAK I'll check these out later, certainly a big elbow to the face of your doubters who recently said you'd never release anything...hahaha :)

7. Rtsrcool

Rtsrcool Registered

Ahhh, thanks tjc, forgot to set details to full, only happens in lower settings!

Sorry tjc and Petros for the confusion! :p

8. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey Nismo, nice to see you mate. I lost contact with you on msn when I lost all my contacts doing the msn/skype merge. :( Hope to get in contact with you somehow again soon. Will PM you at some point.

As to your question about the Chassis Flex. As it is something that is new, we will definitely be looking into it and trying to learn it and how it works. I cannot guarantee anything but as we strive to provide the best possible mods we can, we don't like to leave things out so I do expect we will delve into that and try to learn its requirements. How fast we are able to do that is a different story however. :)

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh right, no problem. Glad it`s working for you Mr. cool. :)

10. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Car physics are good, but when landing in sand traps at Mills, car gets stuck like hitting a wall.

11. jayblue

jayblue Registered

Just downloaded to try these out. Thanks for all the hard work and effort, great to see the RF2 mod scene starting to gather some pace.

12. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Hi all,

Unknown to myself the material name i gave the steering wheel(which I have used forever lol) is causing an issue in rF2 with the track map plugin, basically both are using the same material name which is a no no. I wish I ran the track plugin in my install then I would have known lol.

For the people having trouble not related to the steering wheel - can you please check your 'opponent detail' level and report what it's set to and then change it to 'full' and let me know if it changed anything for you. I have seen an issue similar to this in the past when opponent detail was set below max and would like to know if it's related.

As soon as the info is in, I will repackage and get it to you guys and girls.

13. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

We plan to utilise everything rF2 has to and will have to offer, I will be updating all our content as we go:)

14. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Hi,

I suggest you to use unique car prefix/suffix for each car mat name to avoid this kind of conflicts with tracks and/or other mods.
    In your case you could re-name your car mats adding the "IFS3_" suffix/prefix. (Eg: IFS3_SWHEEL) :)

15. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I think with just an exclusive material AND texture name will be fine.

BTW Thanks for the mod!!!!

16. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Hi Tuttle,

Yes mate, it would appear I had a bit of a blonde moment when I did it initially(no offense to blonde's:))

17. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Thank you very much Petros!!

Downloading!

(I´m busy trying to fix my G27, not sure what happened today while starting it...it just feel so weird in all of my games ;( )

18. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Are you able to provide any additional info regarding the two tyre compounds, various engine specs and optimal braking temps? Or is this job for Mr Google...?

19. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

What type of info on them are you looking for exactly?

20. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey all, v0.6 is now released. Please remember to uninstall and delete v0.5 before installing v0.6.

Enjoy!