Silverstone v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

My brother is using my old beloved Radeon 4850 with 512MB VRAM, and when I see the flow he has while playing rF2 I'm getting quite jealous. He never cares about fps, but I can see it's very much playable. He uses medium settings. However, I'm excited to see how that card will handle Silverstone. If he gets a good flow I'll steal that card back, lol... magic card.

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

Surely there are some optimizations that can be done to this track, even with the high textures? It's kind of ridiculous that in order to make it run at all on a HIGH END system you need to disable and lower so many options.

I'm hoping this was just a 'rush-rush' release for this weekend and we see a new, refined release with additional layouts and more importantly, better performance.

3. Magzire

Magzire Registered

There is any way to make the tarmac look a bit better? For me its looks a little blurry in a distance.

4. Adrian

Adrian Registered

@Hedlund_90 Afterburner will double memory usage in crossfire (mine show 4750Mb with everything on max, 5872x1080)

I usually use 4900x900, max everything except level 2 AA and low environment reflections. 50fps at the back of 20 C6's and over 100fps everywhere else. No stuttering at all, but then again I've always had amazing luck with all ISI software.

5. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

I think that's the case. The fact that it's a 1.01 release and not 1.4x should tell us something. :)

Whatever, I wanted to drive the track and I've got the chance to do so... I'm happy. It will get better.

6. Miro

Miro Registered

Great track, FPS hungry but great.

Tried it with the new Vette, first I thought it's kinda flat and boring but as the real road kicked the fun came too.
    Beautifully with changing conditions too.

Awesomnessss....

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Okay, so the actual vram usage is only half of what afterburner tells me!?

Looks like you've got a monster computer, amazing performanze... Which drivers are you using? any application profiles?
    Are you gaining much on that overclocking and maybe from haswell?

I wish I was able to use lower resolution but then I'll get a thick black frame on 2 of my screens. I don't know if it's because I'm using HDMI as input on my monitors but it's strange that I can get full screen with 5760x1080 but not with any lower resolution. I think I could gain a few fps with that, without it looking much worse.

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I have to say now when stuttering is reduced so that I can drive, I really enjoy this track :) Especially with the EVE F1. Really immersive...

Tomorrow I'll make a new try with triple monitors... I'm afraid the screen tearing will be awful but it's a lot more immersive to drive.

9. coops

coops Banned

i run triples no tearing here.

10. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I had this problem with my 7970, I just needed to change a setting in Catalyst control centre. I think it was digital flat panel, properties, image scaling, enable gpu scaling, scale image to full panel size

11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I've been running the skippy here. Something about the skippy, I have yet to find a track I don't like racing it on, but on Silverstone its sublime :)

12. coops

coops Banned

i run triples lost about 20 fps at this circuit SILVERSTONE compared to others.. running:evga gtx 680 4gig but running smooth so no probs used auto updater deleted shader folder and restored nvidia settings. 72 fps in game check 2nd pic small but there inside center mirror. 1st pic settings.

View attachment 8473
    View attachment 8474

13. François Bessard

François Bessard Registered

what you say is inconsistent with that which is marked here by ISI

"Graphics
    ========
    -Environment mapping is not yet fully optimized and may cause slowdowns, especially on multi GPU systems.
    -FXAA post processing does not work with any level of MSAA enabled - disable MSAA if you are using FXAA"

14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Help, please. On advice from this thread I set CCC to defaults to let rf2 control graphics and now I am only getting 12-30 fps where I was getting 60 before with medium settings, no reflections, etc. I have 5900 series card. I set CCC 3d settings back to original settings before I selected defaults and still I am getting only 12-30 fps so does anyone have any ideas? When I set defaults in CCC does it change anything else other than 3d settings? My reason for following advice to reset CCC to defaults was to hope I could increase number of AI but now I am stuck. I was even running mirrors before and getting 60 fps even at start at back of grid with 9 AI. Now 12 at start. I'm stumped now and am extra frustrated because I know I can get 60 fps but now I can't. Many thanks in advance.

And for what it's worth, Silverstone looks very nice even at medium and without all bells and whistles. Great job, ISI.

15. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I get better performance forcing AA through CCC.

16. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

+1....less chopy

17. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I think some people need to re-evaluate their systems, i think they expect too much sometimes. I see a few guys here with 7950's as an example and seem to be expecting crazy high fps. Not being funny but this gpu is a mid spec card at best. It also seems obvious for whatever reason nVidia seem to be better suited to rF2 right now. I think alot seem to be blaming the track for being hungry when really alot of this could be down to general computing power or/and a AMD/Nvidia difference. Personally for me Silverstone feels more optimized than previous ISI tracks.

Look below anyway at difference between what i class high end and mid spec cards in a hungry game like Crysis 3. Looks at that 1080p table and it's obvious i think people expect too much right now from their systems. I can't comment on multi screen gaming but at 1080p and 1440p on my 690, a card i consider high end, the track is flying along.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/crysis_3_graphics_performance_review_benchmark,7.html

18. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

The 7950 with recent drivers and overclocked is a match for a 7970GHz edition or a GTX680, so not exactly mid-range at best. I don't think any of these cards should be struggling.

I'm running Silverstone quite nicely at mostly 60fps+ with a mix of high-max settings, reflections on low mirrors off and 4xmsaa.

There is a point to be made that this game requires further optimisation. Even on the older, less graphically demanding tracks, performance isn't always what it should be.

19. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

20. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Sure optimization is needed but still the fact remains people are expecting too much from their systems and are over specing their systems. Silverstone has completely set the benchmark now graphically in rF2 and so with that comes the need for more power. Feels tracks look great but are small in length in comparison with not alot going on in terms of stuff to render when compared to Silverstones vast amount of grandstands etc. People wanted better eye candy, well with that comes the need for power. And yes 7950 is a mid range card overclocked or not

The problem with Silverstone i see is now it has made the older ISI tracks now look really very average and kind of makes the sim very unbalanced visually. I also hope now that car models begin to get this kind of treatment as the this track graphically. But anyway Silverstone is awesome and finally we have a really good international track in sim.

Portimão would be the icing on the cake.