rF2 Build 218, Internals Plugin v5, Dev Mode 218 released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 20, 2013.

1. Nils

Nils Registered

I like the font, it could be a bit fatter. And the spaces don´t fit, the "1" is aligned left, so there´s always a gap after it. Quite confusing imho.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ok first try here from fresh install:

1) 218.verify failed verification.
    218.uninstall failed verification.
    218.install failed verification.

Although the game "appears" to run just fine

2) 5.1 Sound is not exactly that, I think people are getting the Reverb mixed up, there is no proper 5.1 Surround Sound Support in this Build.

3) AI Suspension movements are broken on the 1960s cars, could've sworn they were working just fine in the previous build

4) Cant get Ignition/Starter to work after PLR change, am I missing something obvious? when I pressed the Ignition button it changed the LCD Mode window even though that was'nt conflicting!

5) FORCE SPRAY OPTION FOR SERVER ADMINS - as mentioned before with the previous build it is possible to turn Spray off when setting Special Effects to off, therefore Pick Up Races online in the Wet are POINTLESS if you have Special Effects On/Max/Whatever because you dont know which other opponent is doing the same, therefore people can simply turn it off and "cheat" through the Spray. This needs sorting NEXT BUILD as for me it's quite a big issue (lots of shouty capitals to get the point across!!!!)

6) Whilst we're on Spray, sure it was nice to get it in the last Build but is it always going to be a Beta item? as nothing seems to of changed as far as I can see when it needed blatant upgrading and better "looks"

7) Rain looks much much better than before

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Build 218 -no problem I understand this,

But what is the "internal plug in v5" mean ??

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

No I agree with you! What I meant is some admins may want to not enforce. We agree!

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Oh OK good stuff. Nice to know what to look for. I usually don't gather much from the release notes. Thanks!

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Will do! Thanks!

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Lol

8. Nasos Charalampou

Nasos Charalampou Registered

I tried the auto update option but i got the no responding message.It simply crashes the sim if i press anything

Id like to avoid the whole unistall reinstall method.Any news about the auto update procedure and if this will be possible?

9. gamer-hosting

gamer-hosting Registered

10. MJP

MJP Registered

You could do it with the last release too and I have my suspicions it's been like this for quite a long time.

11. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

A full clean install took me about 10 minutes to do. It's really quite simple.

12. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Still crashing.. Clean install is out of the option for me, I got a lots of folders filled with setups, hdr profiles, skins.. I guess we need to wait..

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Why dont you copy your Player folder?

14. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

I had like 5 fps with the new build. I had to disable HDR and enable it again through the game menu. Then it was fixed. Weird...

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

new PLR option/s in this Build so deems old PLrs redundant, if you copy old ones over you wont get the benefits of the new PLR addition/s

16. Max

Max Registered

nothing from Tim or anyone since like how many pages ago? I guess all is working as intended then? Nice.. I guess the updater spitting out verification fails all over the place means it works as it should, and not being able to download from the updater either? I mean what? This isn't a rant Tim, as all seems to working on my end, but the sloppiness is um shocking?

My main question was never answered, not that I demand one :) IT's ok to install 218 core over 198 yes? That is what I have done. And aside from the verification fails, all seems to be running well? Good job on the improvements overall, looking forward to the next release...

17. MJP

MJP Registered

I'm guessing Nikos was thinking about backing up the setups, hdr profiles, skins etc. before doing a reinstall.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Sounds still get messed up if you go above 28 # of Sounds for me (sit in car and drive out pits to hear a noticeable drop in sound volume).
    Changing volume on the fly is a neat addition thogh

19. MJP

MJP Registered

I don't worry too much about the verification fails, I get them and my game works fine.

In fact if you look closely you'll see (well I see) all the 'Core' files pass and all the 'Data' files fail verification. I also find if I install 'Core' and 'Data' in the same location everything passes verification.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I get Failed across the board.....game works fine though!