rF2 Build 218, Internals Plugin v5, Dev Mode 218 released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 20, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

:)

2. tjc

tjc Registered

That line in my Player was already at 0 zonder and I`m still getting the disappearing interiors...

Cheers anyway. :)

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Oh yeh... I see we have nice new flags now too. I`ve only noticed the blue so far lol :p but I`m thinking the others will be the same. :)

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Regarding wet weather

Water spray!

New rain looks good, but the spray is...yeah...I don't know what to say. I can see some improvements though, it looks much much better, but it has wrong shape. Totally wrong shape. It's so wide that it cover up the whole track!

I was hoping this would be fixed with build 218. We have good looking raindrops but no one will drive in the rain if it looks like this. And if no one can drive in the rain, the raindrops is not even necessary. Spray should have been fixed in first hand.

I've seen modders sucessfully tweaking the spray, so that the shape looks much better. Virtua_lm tracks, but also woochoo, with his Longford 67 track: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/12090-Wather-spray?p=167450&viewfull=1#post167450. Now ISI, imitate this ;)

Portugal rain, build 218

Imagine a race here... all cars will have 200-300 meters between them because it's impossible to drive too close to your opponent.
    However, I must say the trees in the first pic looks awesome, lol.
    [​IMG]

How am I supposed to be able to drive any closer to my opponent than this? I'll need to have the best reactions in the world when braking points and corners suddenly appears behind that thick smoke!
    [​IMG]

Sebring rain, build 198

Compare with this spray...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I love the sound when you're shifting in the Brabham... the "clonk" sound when you put in a gear is much more noticeable now. And something with the sounds overall is simply much nicer... I don't know why... I'm not using 5.1 sound.

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

And while I'm talking about sounds... I think all cars need more bass in their engine sounds! The new GTR sounds for example... It's very nice from inside the car, but when watching replay and the car drives by, the sound is very...flat. 0% bass.

Anyone else?

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Agreed.

The sounds from in cockpit do sound good but more bass needed there too imo and definitely the sounds from the trackside cams still need work (more bass, general tweaking etc)

:)

8. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

I cant find a manual update 198 to 218.

9. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

is there any info from isi when they fix the autoupdate, ist still not working for me ?

10. DocJones

DocJones Registered

11. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Auto-update please!!

12. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Auto-upd... fresh install.

13. Edu

Edu Registered

14. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Because doesn't exist

15. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Run 218 lite installer and overwrite my existing game files ?

16. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

i deinstalled 198, installed 128 content build.
    all files failed verification and rf2 is crashing on startup.

17. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

The solution is to save the "packages" folder with all your mods. Delete rFactor 2 (also delete your rFactor 2 folder in "Documents" after saving "packages")

Download rFactor 2 build 218 LITE with the torrent. It will take less than 10 minutes. Install it and then put the "packages" folder in your documents again and install all the mods. Install the tracks first and then the mods from ISI.

Also be advise that a lot of old mods and conversions may not work with the new build if have dependence in old tracks or other mods (old versions).

I did that and it was easier.

18. Duc

Duc Registered

bonjour,
    on ne peut toujours pas sélectionné les séries dans le moddev, comme sur la 198 le bug est toujours la c'est pas sérieux, pourriez vous faire quelque chose avant la prochaine build, merci

hello,
    we still can not select the series in moddev as the 198 is still the bug is not serious, you could do something before the next build, thank you

19. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Well, even at Sebring is not nice. Spray doesn't look uniform but a set of planes with alpha channel. The difference is there're less of them in Sebring (which can be achieved everywhere by modifying specific TDF file). And yes, it too wide and doesn't get clear from the center to the sides of spray, it's a unique mass of smoke. Not good. :(

Trees really looks nice except by the lack of contrast. The shadow zones in the woods / bushes should be much more dark and the top of the vegetation should be more bright imho.

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

This!! Before b218, with HDR ON I had really nice picture, I guess something was reducing jaggies in HDR, because without HDR lines were very jagged. So now even with HDR ON every fence and white line is jagged :( Ruined picture so much... I use 4x Multisample AA with HD6950. I can not afford any more AA. Supersampling kills FPS by 2 or more times.
    Please, consider to revert whatever you changed in this area.

Did complete reinstall. Showroom gone from "misty grayed" look of the cars to "cartoonish over-bright colors"...

New HUD looks good, but new font that goes with him in LCD is bad, I can not tell one digit from another. So can not use new HUD. Thank you, that you left old font in old HUDs.