rF2 Build 218, Internals Plugin v5, Dev Mode 218 released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 20, 2013.

1. kmw

kmw Registered

With this build I now have a problem with the showroom graphics, no one else has mentioned it so am I the only one?
    I uninstalled build 198, deleted all document files, and did a complete new install of 218.
    If I switch on HDR, the colours of the cars are weird in the showroom, EXTREMELY bright. But everything works fine when I go to a circuit.
    If I switch HDR off, the problem disappears.

Couldn't get screenshot to upload, but that' s the total of the problem - all colours washed out to an extreme degree in the showroom, so that for example Navy blue becomes bright cyan. But as I say, at the circuit no problem at all.

EDIT:
    just to add some more info, the problem only occurs in the backdrop or reflected floor showroom. It is fine if I switch to garage showroom.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
  2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Single overclocked 7950.

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I think they should keep it as is for offline.

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Well, I managed to get a few laps of testing done with b218.

I only got laps done with the 370z, GTR and Megane but liking what I`ve seen and driven so far. The Megane really is a neat car to drive now since it got updated.

As I`ve said in an earlier post, the first thing I noticed testing b218 was that I had the black screen when I first went to Portugal with the Megane... I did a complete fresh install of b218 and had HDR and FXAA both on and when I went to track I had the black screen. Tested with HDR/FXAA off and it worked fine. Tried again with just FXAA off, it worked fine.

With previous builds, if I turned HDR/FXAA on in sim I always got the black screen, it had to be turned on in "Configure Sim" for it to work for me but with b218 this seems to have been reversed... if it`s turned on in "Configure Sim" I get the black screen but if I turn it on in sim it works...

I also noticed that when in replay, the cars interiors are disappearing and re-appearing, I first noticed this when the updated cars content was released so maybe that`s a cars thing and not a build thing. It`s still happening though...

Very bright colours etc on the cars in the spinner as has been mentioned, really bright in fact, almost a sunglasses job lol.

Sounds seem to be better to me too. I know there were improvements/alterations done with this build so I expected there to be differences, still not getting 5.1 though but not sure if this build was meant to implement that or not.

With the little testing I`ve done so far I`ve not noticed any fps improvements but I`ve also not noticed any real drops either. Portugal, LRP, Mills all seem to run fine for me...

I`m only on a single screen but glad to hear the replays are now working for those with triples. :)

Real Road seemed to be happening in a more realistic or natural way too with this build, only done small(ish)testing sessions so far but it seemed that way to me anyway, will test this more though.

All in all, so far so good. Looking forward to testing more tonight but imo things seem to heading in a good direction.

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Si si, una sola! crossfire, per adesso, nn da quasi nessun vantaggio in rfactor2!:(
    Yes, only one HD7950! crossfire is useless for now with rf2!

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Lol

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

I'm still on an rf2 break but it seems 1st impressions people are generally happy with thus build which is great news

Looking at some vids -the rain effect looks a little improved & I think they will look really good once introduced :

-Transparency
    -Glass droplets

Thank goodness tripple screen replays are working at last

Is sunglare working ??

Roll on some more offical ISI content (which based on previous releases has been of high quality) & hope next build is also a good one

Think the point that rf2 could be used as a good high class nicely rounded sim is at last starting to come into sight

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

well then it needs an option for offline separate from online, or an option to force spray on.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

you're not the only one it has been mentioned in this thread with screenshots ;)

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Actually that would be best b/c some may not want to run it online either so this would allow for it. Agreed.

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I must be missing something but I'm not seeing much that is compelling me to upgrade. I will, of course, but people are saying it is good but can some list why? What has improved? Thanks.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

missing the point, if the admin forces it on then everyone races with spray and it's a fair even field...that's the point!

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Hrm.. I guess triple-screen updates come first and then OCULUS RIFT SUPPORT..

Hey Tim, anybody over there get a Dev Kit? You guys are developers. It is for you.

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Just a few improvements I have noticed:

- Nice new HUD while driving
    - Camera seems to follow your car much better now in a replay
    - You can hear the spotter sound better now
    - You can download all the ISI content straight from the server if you are missing some components from a vmod (I think community content is also possible but not yet.)

I only have one screen so won't say triple screen improvements, but good to see so many finally getting what they wanted.

15. zonder

zonder Registered

I had that dissapearing partly cars issue aswell, i set Auto Detail FPS to off, or to low value, what it does i understand is try to adjust lods to set FPS, anyway it fixed that for me, but i lowered details a bit as well, as 40 fps was a bit low for me.

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Re.oculus rift

Simbin developers have theirs,
    Based in ISI order date it could be June/July when they receive their unit(s)

Maybe as a software house they will get a priority though -I hope they do

17. redapg

redapg Registered

Auto-updater still don't works.
    The Folder ..\Updates\198\218 including the files 218.action, 218.status and a weblink 218 and the folder ..\Updates\198\218\Data are builded but nothing more happens.
    The download isn't starting.

Are there any new informations for us?

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I had to reinstall on my main gaming machine, I set up my server to autoupdate last night, this morning it still hadn't gotten the update. ISI just needs to fix the servers, I suspect they crashed after the update came out but won't be back up until after business hours.

19. Miro

Miro Registered

I don't know if it is due to the new build or the updated cars but racing in light rain is absolutely outstanding. It feels so good it's hard to believe. I just tried it in the 370z and the FR 3.5. Will try the other cars too. It's really amazing, try it.
    I mainly tested at Sebring so can only say it for there.

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered