[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve seen these strange "reflections" on the center of the Darche steering wheel too Ales...

2. tjc

tjc Registered

One other thing Ales, I`ve also noticed (and I`m sure others have too and possibly already mentioned it) that the gearing is way too long with the default setups... with the 2-3 cars I`ve tried so far I`m only getting to 5th gear on the long straights, I`m not getting to 6th gear at all.

Plus when I shorten the final ratio it then seems to be just a little too short and the cars are screaming in 6th gear for a while before having to brake...

The gearing seemed to be fine before the update... will this be changed back in a future update?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. Minibull

Minibull Member

With the ferrucio at Dunsfold Aerodrome, I get weird blue lights/reflections in the cockpit. It comes and goes randomly, a really bright blue colour.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. K1FF

K1FF Registered

Hi Great cars !! but the car icon's are not showing up in the car selection section any ideas ? Thanks in advance!!:)

5. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I only tried the AM and Fer..

Ales I could do simple smallicons for you for your next update?

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

It's a problem with the automated hdr profile. The reflection map becomes to bright around noon. Try a different time of the day (9am or 3pm) or a custom hdr profile.

7. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I created AI setups for Nordschleife and LeMans so that you can use the AI without making compromises. Copy the single svm files to userdata/player/settings folder but not in the track folder. Settings have to be the last path

feel free to share.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/183p2vo9h8cvp1s/AISetups.7z

further tracks will follow.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
  8. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Well, I've put some laps in. I've been spending a lot of time with iRacing and Assetto Corsa, so this was quite the change. The thing I noticed with all of the cars, including the Ferruccio, is that they're basically like driving on rails. There's very little consequence for poor driving technique; the only thing I ever encountered was understeer from overheating tires. If I went into a corner and hammered the gas on the exit, there was never any oversteer consequence. No matter how drastic my inputs. I'm finding this mod to be a great disappointment in the physics department as a result. I can only imagine how it drives with assists on, as with all assists off I never experienced anything close to a spin out or slide at any point.

Visually, they're the best in the game. Bar none. Physics wise, it's easy mode to a fault.

9. yusupov

yusupov Registered

ive also noticed theyre virtually impossible to unsettle (actually i have yet to even start to spin i think & comparedf to my normal experience in this game so far that is def very far from the case; idk how much is just bad default setups tho). it does feel as if assists are on & there isnt any life in the cars...i am wondering if this can be changed by altering the setup?

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Completely disagree about the physics.

Granted though, I felt the same way as you, a long time ago after having driven only a few laps in the default.

However if you want to drive fast and be competitive in these cars, you need to set them up properly.
    If you don't take out a lot of rear wing angle, they will just stay planted and understeer in every corner.

Default setups are several seconds slower than the setups I drive now, and here I really have to keep the rear end i check in every turn.
    But it's fast. And challenging. No rails here. :)

11. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Im not he only one then, very much agree MapleHamwich :)

12. ethone

ethone Registered

Go make a proper setup then, the defaults ones are very safe. It's not very hard to produce a setup that's more on edge.

13. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Default setup is easy, yes... I always add some front wing and remove quite a lot rear wing. More challenging :p

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

And way faster. I agree, if you want to be safe and slow, go for default setups. ;)

15. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I spent a good 3/4 hours with it friday night offline and online, made myself a setup to suit aswell. As the saying goes " you cant please every one" ;) really wanted to like these's cars as im quite fond of multiclass GT racing. Glad you guys are enjoying it though. :)

16. yusupov

yusupov Registered

well i did see setting i missed earlier where you can shorten the gears overall ratio, then just a few clicks on each gear and its setup more like iracing. also looking at iracings default setup for the 'darche' its drastically more on edge.

i do wish that ISI & alec would provide more balanced default setups though. i know its on me to learn the basics of car setups but im quite sure ill never be a setup guy so itd be nice to be able to just get in & drive!

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Turn off the traction control...

Seriously, I don't get some of the guys here. Are you signed with a real world racing team? Are you using a 6-Axis motion platform with half-a-million feedback gear?

I'm doing lap after lap on Sebring in the AM and flying off every third corner either for understeer or corner-exit oversteer on the throttle. And I'm not a born-yesterday sim racer. But yeah, it's certainly too easy. Sure.

But then, I did change the gearing (more torque), less rear wing (16 instead of 20) and a bunch of other stuff. Because at the default it's way to slow to catch the AI.

Please post a replay of you doing a 2:01 at Sebring with all assists off. I want to see how an Alien drives.

18. Macspeed

Macspeed Registered

testing new Mod

Hi ,
    Nice Mod just installed it ,Cars look good drive ok but dhare is a prob whit the left mirror when you pull your seat back to able to see in to the mirror the seat comes in the way ,2de i think it was the aston martin , rpm is just 5000 i think its not correct
    for the rest its awsome .

regards
    Mac

19. TomF74

TomF74 Registered

Its just amazing if u were able to find something that has more grip than AC :)

20. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I have just been told off by Mrs C3PO for not packing for tomorrow's holiday - because I am spending too much time racing this mod. I'm referring all complaints to Ales.