[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Updated the link. The venom setup is wrong written. you can correct Norschleife_Tourist_Venom Racing to Nordschleife_Tourist_Venom Racing or download it again.

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Yeah you are right. The short form in Germany is called Nos, i thought it is called so all over the world.

3. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

thanks URD!
    the mod is just great!

(...but one can easily drive those cars around sebring under 2:00 :))

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Sebring at 2:00 is a serious workout in these cars, in fact most people and the 100% AI are stuck at 2:01 - that's why I'm saying if he creates a setup allowing that kind of laptime, and he drives that laptime himself, and then still says it's too easy, then he has a point.

Of course if I'm driving with default setup at 2:10, then it's about as easy as Codemaster's F1 series or GRID. That's why laptime reference matters when talking about "too easy".

Rene, share a setup and a replay, I want to see and try ;)

5. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

i would prefer a SimHQ server (no assists allowed) - and we meet there :p

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

No chance, I have modified my AM with a bit of texture work so it won't even load ;) I'm an offline guy.

It's not that I doupt you, I just want to see it and understand the setup. Spend half a day yesterday at driving a better line and adjusting suspension/tires, still at 2:06 on a clean lap.

If you have a Motec telemetry log I'd also love to see that, it would tell me a lot.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Are you sure that AI setup works correctly? Because when I tried to create AI setups for 'Silverstone_International_Venom Racing.svm' it would not work and I found because of the first _ the game thinks the team name starts with International. :confused:

8. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

@GCCRacer 1:57 can be easily done with these cars. I have bo problems doing that. Even seen a few 1:56. You van even go under 2:00 with full tank. Also At silverstone these cars are plenty fast. 1:57:8 in Darche is hard but did that. 1:58 is easy. :) urd cars only bite your butt when driven on the complete edge. Fun cars.

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Ronnie, would you be willing to share a Sebring setup for the AM, if you have? The default one is too hard with too much aero, but after some adjustments I have a hard time understanding where another 10 seconds hide.

10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Yes i am absolutly sure. Testet it with every single car and it works great. It was a little bit difficult to find out why it did not work with the nord because the track name in gdb is ring_tourist and not Nordschleife_Tourist, but after that i tried it with folder name where you can find the track specific setups and it works. It seems that it´s not only right to use the track name in gbd file. That it works can you see it by watching the ai, take a look to the rpm. The corvette doesn´t run in the limiter at 260km/h, the Ferruccio reaches the 6th gear, all cars reach nearly the same top speed. with the standart set there are huge differences.
    What is the name of the track folder for settings of silverstone?

11. msportdan

msportdan Banned

be sure to set fixed setups and ai fixed setups in plr file to 1!!!

12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

If you are using fixed ai setups all cars with different engines and gear rations will use only one fixed setup and thats really weird and unusable.
    The way that i use is from Tosch and it allows the ai to use their own car specific setup depending of the track.
    No fixed setup line has to be edited. You have to use svm files with trackname_teamname of the car like Lemans91_Venom Racing and put it in the userdata/player/settings folder. The AI will automatically use it if the names are correct

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
  13. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Sorry but are you taking about Sebring with 56/ 57 times? I would have to see that. Im not that fast but 2:02 is my best. Im not calling you a liar but I would like to see it. Curious to know what you are doing to the car setup and what your peripherals are.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Right I've figured it out and it's not the Trackname in the GDB that matters it's the name of the Folder under userdata\settings\<track name>
    SilverstoneInternational is the name of the folder which is missing the _ that's in the GDB, same as Palm Beach is userdata\settings\PalmBeachRC not 'Palm Beach Int Road Course'

As with all AI setups though they go in userdata\settings folder NOT the Tracks folder....just to confuse matters further :p

Got there in the end :)

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

not this way you dont, you simply create a seperate AI svm and leave Fixed Setups as 0 in the plr.

16. baked bean

baked bean Registered

wow 1;56, we're talking prototype qualifying times here :D

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

I've done a 1:38.

Yeah, I don't have proof either :p

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Not doubting you in any way either Ronnie but I`d also love to see this... :)

19. baked bean

baked bean Registered

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

One time I did a 1:29. May have been a lucky strike, probably can't do it again and I can't prove it.
    I think there's another 9-10 seconds to be found somewhere... ;)