Clio and malaysia updated on fb

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PRC Steve, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Not sure why that was so funny but got a good chuckle out of that!

Seems every time I visit there is something new to download. Loving the progress and all the communication and hints about what is coming.

Spray is going to be fun to race in. Now I just wish for an update to the C6R so it looks like I have a windshield. BTW that mod was part of the motivation to buy a real Corvette.

2. TJones

TJones Registered

Reinstallation of the four mods didn't work here, there is only 1 track variant for 1.42 again. So you have to uninstall at least Formula Renault 3.5.
    You can create your one v-mod which include malaysia 1.42, and don't have to uninstall older mods.

3. Miro

Miro Registered

Hmmmm, this is a tricky one. The windshield wipers are not working for me on the new Clio.

Either I am doing something wrong or they really don't work I don't know.

Update is superb, thx ISI!!

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

You can clearly see in the new mod manager what mods that are using "Malaysia 1.2" :)

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

What do you need them for? :p

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You guys having trouble, try uninstalling the GT and Megane RFMODs, install Malaysia 142, then reinstall the rfmods. I've just done that successfully multiple times. Thanks for your patience while we move to components. :)

7. TJones

TJones Registered

Not content, only mods. You are still able to use the cars with "All Cars and Tracks".

Edit:
    I did a test and must say i was wrong.

And after reinstalling of the older mods Sepang track variant one and two pointing to malaysia 1.2 again. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
  8. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Great job ISI :) I`m looking forward to the others cars and tracks updates and the new build. :)

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Aaaaaahhhh I don't understand!

- I uninstalled all mods that used malaysia 1.2
    - I deleted malaysia folder
    - I installed malaysia 1.42 component
    - I reinstalled all mods

But if I reinstall Megane mod again, it will install malaysia 1.2 again, doesn't it!?

However, this didn't work for me. I still have Malaysia 1.2 and under 1.42 tab there is only "south loop". I give up.

10. Miro

Miro Registered

I am a poser, I just need them. :p

I want to be prepared for all kind of surprises, that's just how I am and if it rains and all of sudden there is spray and rain drops on my windshield I want to be sure that my wipers are working. If not we need another update of the component and then another and another and we will end up with 10 versions of the same car, you can imagine where this goes.

11. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

+1

12. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Just tried Tim's advice did not work for me but was only in modmanager did not delete other files. I'm just gonna wait for the next updates of components. Don't know how to create a vmod either, just hoping someone wil post one.

13. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

You guys just need to make a vMod and run that. Don't use 'All tracks and cars', that has problems with different versions of the same track installed at the same time. Seems to want to display old version. I had the same problem with the British GP track some one made with different layouts (also with Toban too).
    Like I say use vMod.
    View attachment 6954

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
  14. ifrans

ifrans Registered

thnx DJC!

15. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Actually, for a programmer like me, it's not confusing - it's an obvious bug.

You should see 2 layouts in old version and 3 layouts in the new one, but only the third layout of 1.42 is accessible in menu.
    Could be that build 196 doesn't have this issue, but with build 156 you can't access all 3 layouts of 1.42 Malasya.

You would have to get rid of older Malasya, but that pretty much means getting rid of all attached content. I'd say it's not worth it - just enjoy this one new layout and wait for other cars and tracks to be released as components. Then we can get rid of old ones.

In the meantime ISI should have a look at this bug, because obviously, menu should allow you to access all installed layouts.

16. Revan

Revan Registered

Didn`t work here, Can only choose South Loop for Malaysia 1.42

17. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks for those updates Team and Tim! :)

And thanks for trying to clarify this Tim, but for me that didn't work in my head. I think I was used with usage of rfmod, vmod, rfcmp, etc, and after reading all those 5 pages I know that I knew nothing ;)

For now I only downloaded the 2 new rfcmp, and didn't try to install them yet as I want to understand first.

If I follow your advises above, it mean the old Malaysia 1.2 and old Clio 1.0 will still there after the process, and I guess it's not what we want? I mean we want to update Malaysia and Clio, not the add new versions and keep old versions?

Also, it seems (by reading here) than the Malaysia update 1.42 is only for South Loop, so we have to keep old Malaysia 1.2 content to have the full track (please correct me if I'm wrong)?

Not blaming you ISI Guys as I know you're trying to switch to component (and that's a good move IMO) and I understand it's not an easy process, for you and for us. I think you need to clarify the loading page with more explanation, releases dates, etc. Right now, I will prefer to do a clean and complete install off rFactor 2, and I can't as I'm not sure what I have to download from the Download Page now that I know some files are redundant. I can't imagine a newby comming here today just after buying the sim...

So let's say I want to do a clean install from scratch, what I have to download (and what I don't have to download if any) from the download page?

Pfiiuuu, where's my headache pills? ;)

18. TJones

TJones Registered

19. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I think I will just go play with the Assetta Corsa tech review for a few weeks.

20. lbird

lbird Registered

Well Jim, there is only one car and one track with AC. At least you can't get confused with version and tracks there. But you miss out on the new clios on Croft. Great fun ;)