Clio and malaysia updated on fb

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PRC Steve, Mar 29, 2013.

1. ThoKa

ThoKa Guest

Thanks for the update ISI!! Like Nibo I want to know if I'm supposed to uninstall the 1.0 Clio mod before instlling the new component-file?

2. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

It would be really nice if a "Date Added" signature would be placed in the download section. Right now it is a bit of hassle to find the right file in the upper section. Thanks for the update!

3. Revan

Revan Registered

In my case its maybe not so good to install everything, because i have to delete some tracks otherwise the game crashes to desktop everytime i start a race: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11342-Maximum-amount-of-installed-tracks

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The other loop was added with that version.

Yes, it does. That's the reason for the component releases. Once you have a Megane and Nissan component, you won't be reliant on an ISI rfmod for Malaysia.

5. 88mphTim

6. Revan

Revan Registered

:p that's what I thought

7. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Many thanks for this nice easter egg! And BTW, isn´t today a holiday in the US and UK, too? Here in Germany it is, so double thanks! :)

Edit: Nevermind, too slow. Tim said it already.

Cheers,
    Marcus

8. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

The instalation process shouldnt be as hard (even harder) than rf1.
    You guys could do it much easier.
    I manage a simracing community, 4 champs running at same time, some with 2 legs per race wich means like 6/7 races per week.
    We started managing rf2 championships in last weeks.
    So its easy to check what i (we) know about isi´s sims and their structure,etc.
    If sometimes i need to google to find how to install/change/uninstall/update/whatever/ mods and/or tracks imagine that poor guy who simply wants to turn on his wheel and race.....
    For sure something to work on.
    BTW.....rf2....best sim out there.....by miles.
    Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
  9. 88mphTim

You're saying you have only ISI content installed, no community mods, and that you have no plugins, and are getting crashes? Which tracks are you removing to make it work?

10. sg333

sg333 Registered

Malaysia kerbs and bumps a lot smoother now. Colour still looks very contrast-y but hopefully thats a build related fix.

The track seems to have more natural grip, too - i dont have to turn my wheel 180 degrees to get though the first section now, and im doing less sliding around.

The Clio handles quite well, but im disappointed at some ridiculously low resolution textures in the interior still :(

11. Revan

Revan Registered

I didn`t say that i have only ISI-content installed. Maybe language barrier. I have plenty of other tracks installed and today i made an update on the tracks and get some new ones and after that i got CTDs.
    Deleting some tracks and all was fine. Adding them again and deleting other ones - all was fine. Putting them alltogether - CTD.

12. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Anybody willing to make a mirror download for the malaysian track? Would be great:)

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Now, I'm too tired and I don't want to download it!

Is there some graphic improvement in the Clio?!

14. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Sadly still see Clio's rolling over left and right after hitting a curb, is it really that easy in real life?
    And I eventually manually deleted the 1.0 & 1.2 folder in Installed/Locations/Malaysia and now all 3 configs show up under 1.42.
    I probably wont be able to use any ISI mods for now but I hear updates are coming so fingers crossed.
    Malaysia's colors look alot more natural this time around, the curbs used to be a bit too much :p

15. Jize

Jize Registered

i somehow can't see the new version of malaysia. it's installed in my "manage mods", but in game there is only 1.2 written on the side while in track selection menu.

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Wait... I don't understand... If I have the old Malaysia installed (wich came with megane mod if i remember correctly), then I have to uninstall that mod and all vmods connected to that mod before installing this new 1.42 version!? Because I can only see "South loop", too :confused:

17. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Ye had the same problem. It's only visible when you select "List" view in the right corner.

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Is the 'Full Loop' under Malaysia 1.2 tab the old one or is it the new one but it just have the old name? :confused:

19. Max

Max Registered

yeah kinda bothersome install really.. Cannot uninstall clio as it is use with 4 other mods. Now I cannot see Clio 1.41, shows up as 1.o in the game ? wha? Why doesn't it say 1.41 on the car choice screen? Says 1.0... ugh and yea the Malaysia layout, so you have to choose two tracks to drive on a different layout? Ok so how do I know if the Clio is 1.41 if the ingame ones all say 1.0? lol

20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I am getting error msg: "Error loading mesh file PITENTS01.GMT to memory" when trying to race at Malaysia 1.42 South Loop

I have downloaded ISI_Malaysia_2007-v142.rfcmp and ISI_Renault_ClioCup_2010-v141.rfcmp from ISI download page. Installed it in Mod Manager. Didn't uninstall any previous installed ISI mod (all ISI content installed)
    What's wrong? Already uninstalled and reinstalled ISI_Malaysia_2007-v142.rfcmp. Same error. Anyone else getting this? Or do i have simply a broken download?

EDIT: It was indeed a broken download!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013