[WIP] F1RFT 2013 by F1RFT Professional Modding Group

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by GTClub_wajdi, Mar 5, 2013.

1. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Bit frustrating to see it up as a private server though

'Final version'

2. formula1996

formula1996 Registered

Yesterday we have a test race and unfortunately the rf2 still has a lot of bugs so it's not the right time to release the mod. :)
    Keep calm and hope that ISI start working to fix childish bugs.
    Otherwise day by day it will be a better mod :))

3. pkelly

pkelly Registered

@formula1996 Thank you for the updated info re your mod. Seems all is not lost, just being refined until rF2 will play nice with it :)

4. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

It sounds like we have to wait for a While then... :(

5. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

The interesting point is that the Mod is already in use on some servers and the F1RFT league seems to use the mod for their ongoing season although it's unstable?!

Sounds strange and I think it's not fair to mention that rF2 is unstable - provide the Mod and everybody can get his own opinion how stable it is.

Sent with Tapatalk

6. formula1996

formula1996 Registered

Yes our league go with RFT Final. Yesterday the problem was solved so the actual version is 2.2 but the release is depend on ISI because the developer part doesn't allow to pack an .rfmod over 2gb. If ISI increase this limit the mod will release.

7. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

maybe remove the hook for tracks and download separate ? as for the 1.0 version?

8. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

That seems to be an interesting approach. Would be interesting whether delivering the track pack as an independent package would solve the issue. To bundle the tracks with the Mod a vmod could be done in addition - correct ?

P.S.: How do you distribute the Mod to the participants of your league? Would the same way work for the rest of the community?

View attachment 11427

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
  9. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

exactly....I do understand though if you did 2 different files for the tracks, then the possibilites of many servers with diff rfmod file names would be created. So it does make since to keep it one file, so no rfmod need be made. and more people could be on one server. Or the Mod Name would stay same and be easily findable for all in the server list..... But I dont think we have any other choice. 2gb is the file limit and anyone knows with the sizes of the files on this sim so far, 18 tracks and 24 cars aint gonna fit in 2gb. lol.

Us F1 admins who are looking to use this car for 2014, are in tight position, because we dont know whats gonna happen with release.

10. formula1996

formula1996 Registered

I just can say again keep calm :) sompir contacted with ISI to solve this 2gb limit. Otherwise the later you get the mod the better it will be. For example yesterday we found a problem with tyre changing but it has been solved. It will be a very good mod ;)

11. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

That might be true but if we wait to long it might be outdated by the release date - my expectation is that ISI will be very hestitating to change the file format?!

Furthermore you need to understand that some leagues will have to make a decision which mod to be used in the next season.

Anyway I'll be calm as suggested. Let's wait and see....

Sent with Tapatalk

12. formula1996

formula1996 Registered

I am just a league member and write the actual stage. Sompir the creator and he decided to wait for ISI fix this 2gb limit.

13. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Tim has just confirmed in another thread that next build Will fix 2 gb issue. New limit Will be 5 gb :)

14. ikavli

ikavli Registered

Where can I find the latest version of this mod?

also, what F1 tracks are avaible and where can I find them?

15. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Big mistake trying to do this mod for rF2 instead of rF1. F1RFT used to be the best F1 mod around by far, now it's dust in the wind.

17. cosimo

cosimo Registered

18. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

That's a pity you feel like that ,one must move forward and this is what RFT has done ,im sure it will only get better , it looks great ,it drives great and is fantastic online IMO .

Im sure a lot of modders are still doing F1 mods for rf1 and are as good as RFT did , so you will not miss out on that , even though I was not a big fan the physics in F1RFTmod in rf1 .

What is the mistake RFT have done moving to rFactor 2 ?
    Are you having problems running it in rf2 ? Your specs just show windows 8 .

19. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Not worth to repeat how plenty of bugs rF2 still are, even further in a F1 mod... Gosh, I can't imagine an F1 race with the current collision system.

Unfortunately I have to disagree: there's no so many F1 mods as good as RFT for rF1, unfortunately. Yes, it had some physics flaws, but when you'd put all together no other mod gets closer.

After all, this quote very well sums all up.

20. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Where can i get F1RFT 2013 v2?