[WIP] F1RFT 2013 by F1RFT Professional Modding Group

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by GTClub_wajdi, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

+1

2. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

3. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

any news about this mod?

4. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

Painted a skin for two drivers to use in my league, so that we can have 12 teams.......well when I enter the server with the skin, The box next to name is red while it loads....but not too long after it turns green. The server shuts down.....we tested this 4 times....each time entered with skin, server crashed. If chose the normal car with default skin, no crash.

only has ever happened with f1rft. No car we've used before couldnt allow custom skins. any feedback on what to do is appreciated.

5. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

6. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

my league had test monday tonight. all 24 guys showed up. we understAND we dont have the final mod as last night there were alot of invisible collisions. Mostly at the race start. What i mean by that is, At race start from stand, it was impossible to have a clean start without cars flying in the air. When looking at replay, you wouldn't even be near a guys tires, yet you'd launch in the air.

so after 2 incidents on standing, we decided to do a manual rolling start where cars were separated by couple cars, and that went better with green flag being on exit of last corner.

smoke effects are very high. If someone locks up, its like a cloud.
    Tire wear is high, but its the same for all. We allowed all 4 compounds to be used. To get feedback.

Track: IstanbulPark v77

Thanks guys. Cya later.

7. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

You would think , maybe it's the circuit , but no ,online a few hours ago I hit an invisible wall in the pit lane on the up to date Siliverstone 1.4 .
    Hopefully when this update is done it will fix the problem because as it is now you can not run a league with this mod .

8. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

After 4 race with mod F1RFT, I hit an invisible wall on the track of India.
    But I encountered this problem with other mod, and also on another track

9. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

Had latest test session Monday tonight. No issues with invisible walls.....So thats definitely track related. We Used Hockenheim 0.75 "DTM" from Tommy78

This sim/mod combo isnt ready for large league based racing. Had 22 guys last night, and conventional F1 standing starts could not be done. Warping, Cars reappearing in front of you. Seems when alot of cars are in one area, its just too much for game to handle. I really believe the Smoke has something to do with that as well. someone locks up around ya, and everything slows down for a split second and when it speeds back...bang!...you've hit someone... .Pings were fine.....So We did a manual rolling start. No one moved until they saw guy in front go. 80-90 mph single file.... Green Flag out of last corner...No issues, race got off with no hiccup.

1. Collision bubbles still exists. When racing close....Just randomly hit someone when your racing close. But your no where near them. Again, believe tire smoke is culprit
    2. Pit Box. That Arrow is impossible to see. would be nice to have guys in pits, and the pit box ALOT darker.
    3. Tires. Simply put....they suck. But this can be lived with....drivers just have to dial back aggression

If we don't get a new rf2 build & presumably final build on this RFT13 mod before Mid March...alot of us league admins who planned to use this car may have to postpone our seasons until we do so. I post these updates, in hopes that someone from ISI or rft mod group is paying attention....Everyone loves the sim and car though. It just these issues. Our Next test will be with rain at silverstone... thanks for your time

BG
    USF1Racing

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Thanks for the info

11. pifive

pifive Registered

12. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Please release final version. Rf2 Can handle large mods now :)

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I've given up on this mod, is it suppose to be still happening ?

( mainly referring to an RFT2013 f1 track pack )

14. Scofield

Scofield Registered

Waiting for F1RFT Final :p

15. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    I see it the Liga Server
    Hopefully it will be anytime now Please

Ruben

16. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

+1

Sent with Tapatalk

17. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

My league had its final preseason test tonight. 19 drivers showed.

Unlike previous test, standing start went off without any problems with lag/disappearing. We ran Silverstone in Dry conditions. Another issues we've discovered over these 3 test races

**Blue Flags need a bigger distance number. What i mean by that is, the flag icon doesnt show up until a leader is on your tail. 2 seconds seems like a better option. Think its on 1/2sec now....lol. Just not enough time to get out of the way.

Is someone from rft even listening? who knows...but it looks like we will have to start season on the beta version of this mod and try our best to work around its problems we know about.

18. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

About blue flags: Open player.plr of dedicated server, search line 122 => MULTI BlueFlags="5" 0=none, 1=show but never penalize, 2=show and penalize if following within 0.3 seconds, 3=0.5s, 4=0.7s, 5=0.9s, 6=1.1s, 7=use RFM value "BlueFlags=<0-6>" (default is 3) .

About lag/disappearing => http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/18130-Collision

I don't think F1RFT will be release on public final version

19. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

I agree with you ......I tried to contact them so much time but they have never replied to me ......

20. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Hello - ISI has now fixed this issue with 2gb limit. Are we going to see a release now then? I hope so !! :)