Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. ifrans

ifrans Registered

thanks!

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

3. tjc

tjc Registered

4. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

I was just going to say that the Torrent link is active, but Tim just opened a new thread!

5. Thor

Thor Registered

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Hopefully it goes well. :)

7. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Hopefully there's more than one :)

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

More than one?

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

+1

10. Minibull

Minibull Member

More than one tester...I think that's what he's referring to XD

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Aaaah. :)

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

12. juggle

juggle Registered

I had to comment , ive been waiting for an update for Live for speed for a few months now :p
    This appeasrs to be progressing with planning and community feedback. Dont get that with many sims

13. Panigale

Panigale Banned

I spy SLS safety car coming soon...

14. Radar

Radar Registered

Live for Speed still out and doing updates.... damn, been a while since I've seen that game.

15. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Is the build 208 ready for a release this week? :)

16. Bart S

Bart S Member

Looks like ISI have pulled the finger out of their ass as of recently if its released tomorrow.
    I feel a coming out of beta version rather soon too with this next build arriving sooner than expected.

I'm just so excited really, can't wait to see if multiview fps have been tackled this time I can only dream. Perhaps sometime this year would me nice. I'm not going to build my hopes up no sir, I will only end up feeling like posting crap if I do.

17. Radar

Radar Registered

Hey Bart, just so you know, we haven't been in Beta since Feb I think Tim wrote.. Look at your version numbers, this build coming (assuming its still 208) will be 1.208.. Already past the version 1 status :)

18. Bart S

Bart S Member

I know Radar, please please don't get me started on the phase status of the game. I try and ignore game status title as its a mass of confusion. What would you call it? In Feb we moved into Charlie phase maybe, it certainly aint ready to be a marketed public release candidate at this stage.
    We may as well throw all those labels out the window, ISI don't work with standard practices in game development. They just do what they want to do and it is what it is, "ongoing development" I think Tim describes it. I call it usable but not finished and I think everyone would agree that is correct. So version numbers or status phrases are irelevent. Buying something that isn't finished however will not sit well with most people. Beta >>> we are here <<< Public Release Candidate and then Final.
    Lets also remember we have to add the alphabetical suffixes to the version numbers too 1.255A or B or C.

Hey I wonder if rF2 will follow suit of rF1 and Version 1.255 we be the golden apple. HHHHMMMMMMMM

19. Radar

Radar Registered

Nah that's cool.. I just posted as I wouldn't want new people thinking it's still Beta, sure you are right, it's more a Charlie, Delta phase and not ready as 'we' would call a Marketed Public Released product, but the term Beta is still getting used and confuses some (hell it confuses us)..

To add to confusion for us was the one of number change for LRP but little things like this are expected when we are heading towards a more stable product.. I would love to see 1.255 being that golden apple, but something tells me we still have a bit to go. I wouldn't want to say 2.255 but hey, a bigger target to aim is better than a smaller one hey :)

Back onto original topic though, I am also excited for this build and others, as each one now seems to be that little step closer to what we all imagined it would be.. :)

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I don't think multi-view fps will change much, apart from general optimization of the game (regardless if multi-view is on or off) because multi-view projects 3 separate viewpoints as opposed to when it's off it just processes one view (even in with triple screens). So there will always be decent fps dip.