rFactor2 Build 125 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Nov 30, 2012.

1. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

That would require one hell of a mod team to develop the tracks and realistic CUP car, or Nationwide or Truck for that matter. I've never seen anything that resembled reality on the oval side of things in rFactor1.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

ASR. The most under rated sim I've ever tried.

3. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Our league ran that until 2009 when we switched to iRacing. The TSF guys are a bunch of tools though and their tracks look like they were made in 1999.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

They haven't won any PR man of the year awards that's foresure but they do know their stuff and are involved in the American oval motorsport scene. I can be an ass sometimes myself so I tend to look beyond certain personal traits at times. :p

Edit: Zip is a netcode genius.

5. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Yes, I loved the tire modeling of ASR and recently tried their "new and improved truck beta-whatever-they-call-it." Loaded up Michigan and it still looked like a bad rF1 version of the track.

Regardless of how good they make it sound and even if other non-TSF guys start bragging, I will never go back to ASR, mainly because of the people running it and the thugly looking tracks.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Still in its basic form from when it was introduced but I just had a blast in the 370z at LRP, when theres a train of AI the smoke flowing over the cars in front does'nt half look great!
    Looks odd when a single car goes through granted its a WIP thing, worth checking out though:

Change the 0 to a 1 in your plr file:

Engine Emitter Flow="0" // Whether engine smoke/flames flow over emitting vehicle
    Tire Emitter Flow="0" // Whether tire smoke/dust flow over emitting vehicle
    Smoke Flow="0" // Whether all smoke/flames/dust flow over non-emitting vehicles

Not checked these ones out yet might do one day:

Raindrop Flow="0" // Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles
    Rainspray Flow="0" // Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles
    Spark Flow="0" // Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yes to above, I am usually afraid of cut paste, what if telephone rings and you forget all about it.
    Uninstall doesnt remove data (Packages and all) even if data are placed in same folder as core (as I like).

8. SVO

SVO Registered

You shouldn't have to reactivate. That file is kept in a deep dark dungeon within your windows install. However, if you have to reinstall Windows like me.....you'll reactivate.

1 person likes this.
  9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

lol deep dark dungeon indeed for us mortals :D
    errm, it has been repeated some times, anyone care to share exact location of above file in win7? Aldsheimmer here...

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thank you!!

11. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Skip Barber cars are good fun. Best mod of the lot by some margin in terms of handling and feel.

Makes the earlier WSR and FISI mods look very average in comparison.

Great work on the SB ISI.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm actually looking forward to more content now since the quality of the skips & lime rock,
    I wonder if there is an f1 2012 addition + maybe a modern f1 track on the way,
    Incidentally we don't know what's next do we?

13. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I cannot load up Lime rock at all -- after the splash screen to load the track, the screen goes black and my system needs a hard reboot. Happens every time :(

14. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I don't know what your settings are, but perhaps try turning them down (for sure, turn of HDR) and give it a try. If it crashes still, I'd uninstall the Skippy mod and try re-installing it.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Wild guess, turn HDR on at Configure Game.

16. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Well I believe it doesn't do anything until paste - if that's what you ment; click cut, telephone rings and then forgot.

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The activation is stored elsewhere in appdata, I never touch that. :)

18. Richard Chmielewski

Richard Chmielewski Registered

Dear ISI,

I have been so busy driving online lately, that it has been some time since I have thanked you all for such awesome work. You guys do so much for the community, and all "for free"! I understand how stressful it can be to make such a good product. And we, the racers, well, we get to have all the fun. Just hop in the car and drive!

So I have been driving my home town track of Lime Rock, racing against my own AI car, named after me, and even some others that I know from the community. Huge smile on my face the entire time. I don't know if people understand how incredibly realistic the track is. I have plenty of photos if people want to compare. Sometimes, I drive up to my favorite spectating area and just sit and watch other people drive!

So the real question remains.

Where do I send the beer? You guys have worked your butts off, and deserve a nice refreshing brew.

Thanks for everything you guys do, and I hope you guys all have a great Holiday season.

19. ThoKa

ThoKa Guest

Where can I send the assortment of German brewery products?
    Can't wait to have my two weeks off work and being able to drive the Skippy for more than just a lousy hour a day :) Thanks for all your dedication guys and have a nice holiday over there, you really deserved it!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
  20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...and the changes on track due to the shadows from the setting sun.....awesome!