rFactor2 Build 125 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Richard Chmielewski

Richard Chmielewski Registered

If one can do almost a full out lap at SPA, crash, and leave pit lane again to attempt another out lap + a timed lap, then I think the few seconds it takes to drive down the paddock to the proper exit at LRP isn't as bad.

It is not a huge deal to me, either way. Just seeing how accurate this track, how well made, how detailed, how much time they must have spent to make the track so well, and, well, the online racers don't have enough patience for a proper pit exit.

I am willing to bet that maybe even ISI left this area open like this on purpose. They thought ahead and knew the lack of patience in some. So instead of putting a fire truck there, or another ambulance, or the pace car, they left it open for us to use.

So this really is a none issue. I just thought I would throw it out there. Maybe others will read this and think, you know what, he is right. I will take the time to drive past all them beautiful track side objects and appreciate what I have. This short period of time will calm and relax me, and I will run timed laps with out crashing.

2. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Yes, it had been dreaming. Thank you ISI:)

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As long as they can't benefit from it in a race, and don't get a penalty? Meh. ;) That's actually the paddock entrance, I believe...

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

by Default my I does nothing :confused:

5. Tony

Tony Registered

Felt like giving my 2 cents..

Skippy the kangaroo & LRP are great, loads of sideways fun, lovely force feedback, very nice track modelling

I like the inclusion of "FFB smoothing" - after all our comments - thanks!

Unlike our friend on his beautiful motorbike, I'm quite content with what I've got so far for my money - maybe I'm fairly easily pleased as I thought I'd got my monies-worth when we had the 60's cars & Spa/Monaco.. :)

Dramatic HDR is just silly - you can't see anything, lol

The F2's still need more "steering-centralising force feedback" but are a huge amount of fun to race..

The F1's are a blast :)

I know - what about a hot-fix here and there, just to spice things up? ..for instance - to fix the missing building & transparent trees and spectators in Monaco?

That's about it really - I'm patiently enjoying the ride.. ;)

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

By default I (i) turns on the AI control.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

oh now I'm with you, thought some magic line appeared to help show you out the pits haha!

8. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Heh, I didn't read the AI tip first time out and got lost in the car parks...Talk about feeling like a noob.

9. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

I have a very positive reaction to this build, good progress IMHO.

I think for most of us software development is never fast enough and sim racing development is restricted to several small teams driven by enthusiasm for the genre. For the sim racing fan, the time between product releases seems an eternity. When you get to watch a product in development like rFactor2 or Project CARS or the ongoing continual development of iRacing it can be hard to see the growth. Like watching your own kids grow up and someone who hasn't seen them for a while says "haven't they grown!"

For that very reason I have had a break and skipped a build or two and I have to say the Skip Barber at Lime Rock feels a massive step forward from the early beta days and sets a new benchmark for race sims for me.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I also had a break, didn't install the last build at all, even with an old worn out logitech ffb wheel ( my usual wheel is being modded ) the skippys on lime rock are phoniminal , ISI are really showing us what their capable of, the graphics (with the HDR profile ) are super,

I'm really not sure what's not working correctly that has to be sorted before gold (although of course optimisations needed ), using the skips on lime rock I could be fooled rf2 was very close to gold level

Good work ISI

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
  11. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Thanks, I might attempt to get something out from it, HDR system itself has lot of potential and it can be real good, it is just matter of getting it set up well.

I think that most games use how white object is for strength of Bloom, but I think it will never work properly that way, if it would be possible use reflectivity instead, that might work better, but if it is used as post processing effect, I'm not sure if that can be achieved, but if it would be done like reflections, then performance might become an issue?

With whiteness based bloom one can only do so much, needs to be set so that most of the time it is barely visible, some times it is then bit too little, but mostly effect is so subtle in reality that one has to really look for it.

Can't really think any game where is bloom and where it has not been overdone, whatever reason is.

Then again I find graphics with HDR off being really good :)

There are more good things than bad things in current build, imo.

Now all I need is codes for sfx file to enable turbo sounds :D
    Surely automatic transmissions would be nice too, but not everything at once :p

Hours using rF2 for me is probably already more than any typical game has designed length of play. Old days there was games that you could play trough without getting up from seat and those did cost full price too, so value for money spent is really great with rFactor.

12. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

The new build is awesome, but for the first time I have taken a big FPS hit. A lot of stuttering.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Re.performance on build 125

I've had to reduce my resolution, now on the limit (don't want to reduce anymore )

I like this build , but I do hope alot of optimisations are on the way

14. jtbo

jtbo Registered

160-350fps in my typical usage and with my typical settings, as long as I take care that I don't use too much gfx card's ram, rF2 seem to be running quite well, much better than few builds ago anyway.

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I wasn't really interested in content from IsI, now I'm pretty excited about any future content that might follow after seeing the quality of like rock & the skips !

16. Tony

Tony Registered

Adrian, don't know whether you updated your build t o125, or uninstalled & did a fresh rF2 install..

I've been updating the builds for some time now, and my frames were slowly & steadily going south :p ..until with the Skippies at Limerock with about 12 cars in view,I was getting late 40's to mid 50's

So I thought I'd uninstall the lot (just keeping my Packages folder) & start fresh with 125.. & my frames at Limerock with the Skippies are now mid 60's & early 70's. So it's approximately added a third more fluidity for me (GTX 560ti)

I like all the bells & whistles, so trade off the fps a bit..

Yea - I lost all my controller settings, but who cares..

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya tony

Yes fresh install etc

18. vali

vali Registered

Someone pointed it in the first pages:

Sometimes the tire temperature graphics aren't loading correctly. Temp number works as intended, but you get a solid color in all 4 wheels that doesn't change at all. Sometimes I need to exit and enter the session 2 or 3 times to make it work.

It is not a new bug. It happened from time to time in early builds, but in the last two if happens about half of the times in my system. Using windows7 with a 560GTX-Ti and tried various graphics settings wich did not make any apparent difference.

Now, on the positive side:
    SB are a blast!. Probably the best sim car ever.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah that temp gauge bug has been there since the first beta, ISI know about, just hope they can fix it before gold!

Thankfully I use dash meter pro plugin which has tire information on that which helps greatly.

1 person likes this.
  20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

me 2!:)