rFactor2 Build 125 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Nov 30, 2012.

1. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Stop that please, or i will die laughing!
    One of my friends had an idea once: "Moustache against fascism!" I was too young and stupid to understand the greatness behind that idea at that time. But now im impressed of your clear statement to the world nikos!

2. Grizzly

Grizzly Registered

Same problem here.

I also noticed a similar problem with the Renault Clio.
    View attachment 5084

3. elbo

elbo Registered

Finally got around to trying this build this weekend.
    Nothing to be found performance wise...on my system the game is still plagued low fps and stuttering. No SLI performance benefits.
    Back to waiting for the next update for me I guess.
    I do appreciate the new content though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
  4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Looks to me like the camera position is changed, which isn't related.

5. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Isn't that the Pace Car?

6. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

When i go on line (lrp, skip)sometimes i see strange cars written "test" on doors and some spining like an insect walking instead of tires. When i see things like this i´m afraid to try to overtake.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Those are the cars without skins. If you are on track when someone joins, they are currently shown like that, next time you pit, their skin will be loaded.

8. Grizzly

Grizzly Registered

AW: rFactor2 Build 125 Released

No it is my car and I didn't change anything. Any other car is just fine. Just wanted to mention it. I have no problems to drive a car with flying mirrors. :D

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

9. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Happened to me once with ISI Masters and build 125 (fresh install to empty directory). In single player changed series to ISI Formula Masters, didn't select vehicle (if I remember correctly) and went driving to Malaysia. Before I hit the track went to garage and was wondering why I couldn't change differential settings like in the past. Well exited garage and clicked "Race" and there I was sitting in a broken yellow Clio (just like in the Grizzly's picture). It was indeed pace car and think it was broken because camera position is changed or auto detail is somehow screwed up and removing details. Realized the setup screen was for Clio and that's why differential settings were different. Then went back to main menu, changed vehicle, back to Malaysia and this time setup screen was for Formula Masters and no more driving with exploded yellow pace car. :)

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Damage at 100% seems more like 40%

Think it's a work in progress thing & will be amended in future builds etc

Bit of a pain as there really isn't enough incentive (for those that need incentive) not to be more careful when sharing a track online
    100% should be roughly close to real world,
    A small tap should at least put your sim steering off centre

11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Depends on the car. If you're talking tin tip I would have to disagree.

12. Richard Chmielewski

Richard Chmielewski Registered

With great mustache comes great responsibility.

13. jtbo

jtbo Registered

With tintops it can happen quite easily too, just need to get hit properly to tire and then it is messed up, but of course getting that hit to tire is more challenging.

Some cars are also lot stronger than others.

Mod makers decisions, how mod makers decide to set damage, possibilities for damage are there. When ISI gets their new damage model included in some future build, then I believe those are refined probably.

There will also always be some limitations, damage is really tough area for performance and computing, impacts with velocities of over 20 meters per second are very common, having 200Hz collision checkup can easily mean several centimeters of penetration (at higher velocities), which can result really odd results and having collision detection running 200 times per second is going to cost quite some cpu time too.

There is need to have lower frequency perimeter check and then close range detection, but that also has difficulties when enough velocities are in play, car can move quite a bit before proximity sensing enables high detail detection.

Then running computations of how to deform mesh will take also quite many cycles.

When utilizing rF1 damage to max, I certainly found out how it came with a cost, over 10 car pileups caused serious slowdowns.

So it is no wonder there is no yet full damage model as first is needed to know how much computing power can be used for that and before that quite lot of other functions need to be in place and even with some level of optimization too.

That is at least what I think, but I don't really know how it is, I don't really know how it is going to work, but that is how I imagine it being :)

14. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

downloading tracks is much longer than before

15. KAMPFBIBER81

KAMPFBIBER81 Registered

Recently I've discovered the Fanatec Driver/Sensivity bug, see here

Do you have any news about that subject?

16. Max

Max Registered

Just want to chime in and mention the Monaco missing building n such, I have it too. Reinstalled as well.. Still remains. Thanks, otherwise having a great time

17. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

Tim, if you choose a series and not a car, you can get the possibility to drive the pace car :)

18. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I had this second time - this time with Megane Trophy @ Estoril. I believe it's just like you said; choose series but not car.