rFactor2 Build 125 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Nov 30, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Just to confirm, a fresh install for me is control panel to remove core, then delete everything from data by hand except the packages dir. Then install again. If that is different. :)

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Skippy is fun, but those first four corners at LRP are kicking my ass. Why didnt you send me to racing school mommy!? :confused:
    Also it must be a mating season since theres craploads of birds around LRP, singing non stop. Any bird watchers here who can identify which breed of birds are there?

I have wanted to ask this for a long time now...
    Who is that guy who makes that sound when you adjust your seat in rF2, the hokey but oh so adorable 'tseed tseed tseed' sound?

Its attempt to impersonate that. I like it, dont ever change it.

3. MJP

MJP Registered

Just to confirm the missing wall of shops at Monaco when viewing with onboard cameras, displays correctly when using external cameras running with the Skippy, fresh full install into its own folder.

4. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU - and THANK YOU ten squillion more times!!!!!!!

CONTROLLER/FFB:
    ----------------------------
    Now also resetting steering wheel range whenever 'Reset FFB' is pressed.
    Bumped up maximum number of controllers from 4 to 6.
    Added logging and potential fix for problem where people sometimes lose keyboard input.

Thank you!

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I hope you're wrong but Monaco does seem to be broken at the moment with the missing building and some funky colours in the tunnel which makes me think you're on to something there.

Anyways, I'm really enjoying the new car and track. FFB is great as usual. I was really surprised to see the default front toe settings in the sb2000. I'm wondering if the school sets them up that way for beginners?

6. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

I would like to know that too.
    But isn't he saying "seat seat seat" ?
    Everytime I adjust my own chair I make this noise too just because I can't get it out of my head anymore :p
    So who is the devil who posioned my brain with "seat seat seat"?

7. 88mphTim

HTTP downloads etc all up now. If Jeremy wants to enable auto updating at some point that's up to him, but last I heard this update will be skipped on it at the moment.

8. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

So I can delete everything but "packages" folder in the data folder, and all of my mods will still be in the packages folder?

9. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Gave the Skippy a run around the track and was surprised at how the car handles. I guess I am going to have to learn to drive again so I can do better. I am used to steering with the wheel and balancing with the pedals, guess all this time I have been doing it wrong. ;)

Btw, I am not happy with the UI change that moved the exit to windows button to appear on the opposite side of where it used to be. I keep hitting go back to main menu now instead of quitting.

11. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Am I the only one where the component manager has dissappeared, both in SP & MP? I'm completely unable to install a track since I did a fresh install

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

hehe...it seems to have disappeared. :p Just install through "manage mods".

13. Timpie Claessens

But the tracks dont show up there, only the mods. And I can't install those because the tracks aren't installed yet :p

14. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

uncheck "show mods only" in one of the tabs from the top

15. Timpie Claessens

16. nightspy

nightspy Registered

Pretty new to sim racing and Rfactor 2 myself , but ever since i joined the beta testing i'm having a great time , even bought a G27 just because of this game , This update and the new trainer car added some real hope to learn how to drive like the pros :)

I'm already getting much better lap-times with this update that seemed to have improved much on the FFB , and all the expert advice from all you guys on the forum help so much, just wanted to thank the creators for this wonderful experience.

other thoughts, about graphics and hdr , overall the game looks much cleaner and nicer now with this update especially the shadows are now fixed , but I think car reflections and road detail should be fixed and give a better sense of speed , it lacks some realism and far too shiny and distracting inside the cockpit.

17. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Right :D Its like that song you hear from the radio and you just cant get it out of your head, it just playes on and on and on.
    Seat seat seat actually makes a whole lot more sense than tseed, why didnt I figure that one out.

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Those are the cars with boobies on them LOL

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah you were building a Mazdaspeed 3. Lemme know when ready to test.

20. 88mphTim

Censorship is quite strict there. ;)