Build 118 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 20, 2012.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I deleted the right file this time:eek: and now it is ok!thanks guys
    But sadly I didn't noticed any increase with the fps but I have a solid and smooth 40-50fps with a triple screen setup!

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

That was what I was going to test, but didn't have time to update yet, my machine is so slow making backups, but as it worked for you, then once again clearing shaders is that does the trick, which, imo, should be what updater does as there seem to be quite often issues when new build is updated, I remember there was issues with earlier builds with this too and I believe this aspect was brought up, so it could be bug in that feature or feature was not yet implemented, or there are things why it was not seen good to implement, lot of possibilities like always.

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:confused::(

4. TJones

TJones Registered

Didn´t work for me.

5. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

try this

copy rFactor2\ModDev\Shared\Coreshaders.mas to rFactor2\Core\Shared

The files have different sizes. should not be equal?

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I don't think it's really an info. Note it starts with "either", so it's rather an example why some issues could be left out in general.

Although it was always pretty obvious to me.

7. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Deleting the PLR did not help me to fix the issue, so I copied it back in.

To get rid of the wet track issue I did the following:

- delete all contents in "UserData\player\Settings\TRACK_FOLDER"
    - start up rFactor 2 in Single Player mode, set the weather for the practice session (make sure you are actually in the practice session tab!) and select "Naturally progressing"

Notice that the realroad setting in the practice session tab will revert to "Green track" every time you exit rFactor 2.

Other feedback so far:

Autoupdater did not work for me. Stopped downloading on different percentages every time I tried it, tried 8 times overall and downloaded the manual update via http afterwards.

Framerate did go up on my system.
    Since 107 replays don't work in 118 anymore I started an offline session with no AIs, dry conditions and let the AI take control over my car (the AI produces very consistent laptimes, so the laps should be nearly identical). Benchmarked one lap on Mills Metro Park Inner Loop C with the GTR. Result:

Build 107:
    Frames: 4399 - Time: 84631ms - Avg: 51.979 - Min: 36 - Max: 67

Build 118:
    Frames: 5527 - Time: 84771ms - Avg: 65.199 - Min: 55 - Max: 82

Settings:
    Everything activated or set to maximum, except FXAA (deactivated) and ingame AA. Texture filtering was set to Trilinear ingame.
    I forced 4xMSAA and 16xAF in the driver settings. Works and looks pretty good. No VSync used (set to off). Screen resolution is 1680x1050x32@120Hz.

8. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I second that. Deleting the Logfiles in CBash and Shaders doesn't fix that "zebra" issue.

Edit .. Just for info: I had downloaded and installed the patch manually. No full version installation. No auto updater.

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Did you quit the game and start it up later? That made it come back again for me (and I set the shadows from "high" to "medium" and back, but the zebra effect stays......

For the glove issue; see my screenshot.

10. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Would it be possible to regularly post some information about the current ISI top list, including what areas are planned for major overhauls? I feel that would be a very effective way to minimize frustration on our part. (plus it wouldn't be too much work maintaining it either)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
  11. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh ok... thanks for the explanation Tim. :)

Sounding good Nismo. :)

---

I won`t be able to try this build until later as got some stuff to do in real life :(

But will report my findings later tonight.

First time I`ve used the torrent to download and got it this time without any problems.

Now seeding. :)

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Sadly I confirm!after restart the game I have the zebra thing again:(

13. TJones

TJones Registered

I get an error message: "Core component Shared v1.1u is missing, invalid ore damaged. Unable to continue. Please reinstall ..."
    So no luck with that.

14. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I think that there is something wrong when selecting data path or then it is just me.

I did copy my data folder to I:\ drive, then I did apply the update, rf2 is at K:\ drive so told that, then update asked data path and I gave it path to I:\ drive, in rf2 launcher I chose change datapath to be I:\rf2data where my data is, but in launcher I see it being I:/rf2data.

Now nothing works, configurator does not allow me to choose language, dev mode does not launch from launcher, also single player mode does not start from launcher. Single player says no mod files found or installed, mod dev mode just does nothing.

I can't type in the box where I choose datapath so that I could write correct path of I:\rf2data instead of I:/rf2data, so can't fix this, maybe that path is stored in some file where I could change that character to be correct way around, must look into that, but certainly choosing data path from launcher turned that symbol around and thing is not working. At least my memory tells me that it was correct way around before.

edit: I did found place where to change data path to file, but doing that made nothing good. Mod manager shows mods that I have in packages but says no mods installed, then when I install mod it does install it to K:\ drive despite my data folder being set to be at I:\ drive.

It will take few hours to download full installation, but I think I better do that, uninstall completely and start over from fresh, something clearly did go wrong, maybe it was that I forgot to copy rf2update to correct place and it started to download stuff, then I did cancel, copy update package and made update from file. Also I needed to do new activation from some reason.

New installation I do to K:\ drive and put data to I:\ drive, different physical discs so I get bit faster loading, also OS is at different physical disc so I can reduce effect of seek times to loading, which in theory should gave me a lot quicker starting up, maybe or then not.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
  15. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Changelog:
    Added auto detection of multiGPU setups to improve some processing and support more than 2 GPU
    Improved multiGPU awareness of HDR processing

This is encouraging. It will motivate me to put my 2nd graphics card in.

16. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Just wondering whether this is affecting ati users and nvidia users.
    I use ati

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Me too.ati!

18. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

With all the physics and graphics issues to be optimized I find it surprising that menu flipping and replay behavior is at the top of your list. I'm glad these are not at the top of ISI's list

1 person likes this.
  19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

spider19462000, I thought about this to, because shaders involved. ATI here.

20. TJones

TJones Registered

I still get this (partially) wet track when i start a session (in my case Mills OuterLoopC with F2).
    But now I´m able to choose at RealRoad: "User: AutoSave" after I went back to MainMenu->RaceSettings, didn´t notice this before.
    Also I can save the actuall track conditions, and select it later in RaceSettings menu under "RealRoad".

Can someone please else check this also, but be shure to save your "Track Folder" before. :)