Gold before 2014?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForthRight, Sep 22, 2012.

1. dandar

dandar Registered

Dmitry ISI have released a new engine model with the clios, we are still talking with some mates about how to do the proper calculations for this new tech. Also collision model is currently disabled, and the road physics still have some work to do in order to get done. Finally the suspension dynamics will be revised.
    Currently we have only half of the physic's work done.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Some of the most exciting news ive read in a LONG time, are you an employee of ISI or internal beta tester?

3. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Your words are very encouraging, but I'm a realist. I criticized the visual work RealTrack even before the first beta version rFactor2. I argued that I was wrong. After the release of the first beta all in this together and made ​​sure silent.
    I do not agree in the visual work RealTrack, a great mistake of the principle of the physical model of the schedule I keep quiet so far ...

4. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I'm a user who wants the highest quality simulator)

5. dandar

dandar Registered

@Spinelli, I'm not connected in any way with ISI. I follow all staff posted info and as a modder I follow the development progress closely to keep my cars always updated. Since there is no documentation on most recent implementarions, the only way to go is doing inverse engineering over currently released cars and tracks.
    @Dmitry I like the fact that you started to criticize rf2 before the first beta :D also telling what u don't like is also important to improve the quality, of course with proper arguments that support's a better approach ;)

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Different cars are, different.

Engine is capable of a lot, I have many cars on works where revving engine rolls body, acceleration and braking cause front or rear to go down, very alive and dynamic handling and when crashing it does look surprisingly natural, but of course at current stage there is lot of things still missing, for example collision energy is not used to crush the car body, it just acts as a spring causing those odd issues, but I'm positive that when new damage model is released it will work as it should.

7. coops

coops Banned

with all respect never asked for anything in the wish list, what i am asking for is an update of where the beta is and a time frame on when it might be ready for release into gold. ISI could answer this in less than 1 minute, im sure the beta can handle a break for 1 minute.. (but don't want ppl to cry over it) i know a few modders that are not going to waste 1 bit of there time converting and making anything for RF2 until gold. as they don't have the time in there lives with work, family, and everything else and then to update there mod every time isi release an update until they get to gold. and by the posts i have read in this forum there are other modders that feel the same way. a pity because ppl like me that cannot mod will have to wait until these modders feel its time to start work on them.......... but as said b4 say what you want i got big shoulders.

8. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I agree, the machines are different. But here in the physical model that is sorely lacking ...
    I am delighted with the work of tires.

9. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Largely it depends how car is made however, how it is made into rF2, especially suspension and inertias, of course with winged cars aero plays part too and there I get bit odd results too, maybe possible but odd, I have posted even video about it front comes over immediately when it gets air under it with F1 car, wing settings seem not to matter much etc. Maybe it is more of aero problem, haven't bothered to investigate as I don't have much of any aero cars under works, so it really does not bother me at the moment.

Often cars are tested only by driving them properly, not doing crazy things, but doing crazy things reveals lot of things that can be relatively easy to sort out, but not all spend time for such.

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yep, I never pay for a "beta" again that's for sure.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

But you're not paying for beta, you're getting this free with extended time once gold, think of it as pre ordering but with the added bonus of playing it before release....simples!

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Does't sound like a beta to me.

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

They have another definition of "beta" ;)
    It has been discussed a lot of time.

14. dandar

dandar Registered

Certainly is not a beta, it's an alpha, until rf2 is feature complete.

15. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I'm quite sure we'll keep reading things like that in 2032 "It's ready when it's ready" or "it doesn't matter 2033 or 2034 realease for me"... C'mon. If rF2 would be released today, it'd be already graphically outdated. I can't imagine how terrible this graphics would look in 2015.

16. Alesi

Alesi Registered

exactly . +100500~~!! its already outdated graphically, but its still in work with no chance that graphics will change dramatically!

17. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

dun care....im enjoying the BETA fer sure. My league and I have completed a season 3 races per week, 7 rounds with this BETA....no problem!!!!!:cool:

1 person likes this.
  18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Enjoying the beta! Dont say such things, you spoil all the nagging, bad manners really...

19. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

honestly, after 9 months, I'm not anymore...I honestly feel more like having pre-financed the game instead of having joined a paid beta. With all patience and understanding, ISI must increase the pace... don't forget that modders, actually don't mod at the moment due to the uncertain state of the game... So even when it's ready, we won't see much content at the beginning. I think that we won't see lots of stuff within the next 18 months, which might give RF2 a considerable hit... if you consider other simulation titles coming out within the next year...

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Exactly, you pre-order the game now, and as a Bonus or thank you, you get access to the game before it comes out, in its current form (which ISI calls, beta), and you are encouraged to visit the ISI forums with feedback regarding your experiences, especially any negative ones, such as bugs, glitches, slow downs, etc.