Gold before 2014?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForthRight, Sep 22, 2012.

1. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

First of all I should point out that this isn't a negative thread or a complaint about the pace of progression, I'm just curious. 2014 might sound a long way off, but when you consider rFactor2 has already been in beta for 9 months it's not really that unrealistic to think it might take another year to become 'ready for release'.

When the beta was made available in January there was a rough esitimate of a 6 month beta period (or at least I think there was). This was obviously never going to happen. Progress has been made in the past 9 months and some nice content has been added, but from what I can tell rFactor2 is nowhere near to going gold... personally I don't think it is anywhere close to being ready.

What do the rest of you think?

Again please don't see this as a whining/moaning thread because it is not supposed to sound like that at all - i'm happily waiting for the next update, but i'm also wondering if the developers could give us any insight into how they view the current situation. I don't think anyone here is going to 'hold them to account' for any new timescale estimates they might give... so are we looking at another 6 months of beta, or could it be another year (or more)?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2012
  2. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

Hang on why shouldn't they be held accountable?

I want this game too go gold asap because I'm waiting on some really good mods to be released.

I think this question was asked a few months ago and it was implied that we were not far of being in a position to go gold by Tim if I remember correctly.

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

When it is ready, then it is ready, is enough good for me, there is already so much modding to do that it does not matter if it is 2014 or 2015 for me. However I'm being impatient with turbo documentation for modders as it probably is a lot to learn and it is something I really look forward to, but it is also done when it is done, life is good already :)

4. dandar

dandar Registered

I think is not even magically possible to reach gold before mid 2014 ... but looking back to the original purposed timeline ... I put my chips for the 2015 (taking into account that the Earth will not explode in peaces before that time).

5. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

Given the current goings on in the world I would not be surprised if there is a World War well and truly before 2015

6. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

After reading this thread I need a beer:)

1 person likes this.
  7. SpeedRacer

SpeedRacer Registered

3 or 4 months tops, it's crunch time!

8. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

I just mean we wouldn't accept it as 'set in stone' if someone from ISI did give us a planned timescale now. The previous estimation of 6 months was clearly not close to realistic, so perhaps they aren't the best at judging how long it will take themselves to finish a product.

I'd still like a new estimation though, even if it's contradicting everything I just said. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2012
  9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Would be nice to get some kind of update from ISI

Think patience is the key, software development times seem very unpredictable, one day I think not much left to do & another I think this is a mess it's going to take ages sort , I can't decide which is right.

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

The biggest risk that going gold presents is that you are somewhat locked into certain stuff while other stuff can continue to be developed after gold. If you rush gold then you are now waiting for rFactor 3 for stuff and that will not ship until the year 3000 and we will all be dead then so give them some time to get everything in that they can that we can enjoy while we are still alive. Patience, please!

1 person likes this.
  11. Lecram

Lecram Registered

+1

12. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Just let the Dev team do what they Do- Don't rush them.
    I would rather wait to more years for a Gold release instead of getting a half assed game that requires 3GB of updates I have to down load..
    Anyways we are all going to die in 3 months anyways so race the Beta till the "Virtual Gas runs out"! lol

13. Zoot

Zoot Registered

i dont think we are that far away from going gold, other betas i have been involved with usually feel like there is ages to go then suddenly it is all done. there can be a lot going on and sorted out that is not shown to us

14. baked bean

baked bean Registered

we wont see gold im afraid, Nibiru is coming, the end of the Mayen Calender.............. lol :D

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

A beer is the best proposition I heard so far with the world exploding and such...

16. coops

coops Banned

IMHO RF2 gold = February 2013

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

care to share the date? I must arrange things...

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I'll pick march 2013.

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

So I must rearrange then...can someone be precise please?

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Mar 15, 2013