Gold before 2014?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForthRight, Sep 22, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Some think that world ends December 2012, poor them, missing rF2 gold release.

2. osella

osella Registered

I guess march 2013 too :)

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

4. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Im trying to find 2014 in my Mayan calendar but its not there ;) I then tried finding it on my windows 98 computer but this self destructed the last time the world ended on the 1st of January 2000 ;)

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

6. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Beware! (...the ides of March)

7. Jux

Jux Registered

I think 2013 March also. ISI wants to get some market initiative before pCars or SimBin stuff gets released.

8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

for me, rf2 gold: Christmas 2012

9. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

And I do not care when it hits the gold. The result of one, better optimization and a lot of mods. All.
    The principle remains the same physical model (set parameters), Graphics terrible (no color purity, light horror, HDR-This simulator eyes? I do not need the monitor simulator eye.) Livetrack visual part is awful. Breaking all models rudders Logitech. Multiplayer - flying machines in space.
    Find the differences with rFactor1.

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

This way, gold may be released right now. Who cares about a name? we got beta which is not beta - we can get gold which doesn't deserve it.
    My guess is also not earlier than spring 2013. But judging by current development progress (based on what we can see) I would rather say summer 2013.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2012
  11. osella

osella Registered

:( Omg not again, lets avoid another pointless discussion about what is and what isnt a beta.

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Time well spent is not time wasted but rather time well invested.

ISI, take all the time that you need (within good reason :D).

1 person likes this.
  13. Alesi

Alesi Registered

2014 or 2015 will be fine.. but for whom (with those 2000 graphics and hard modding system)?? we will have AC and Cars for this time with a great graph and physics... so gold or platinum or else it doesnt matter... there wil be no interest in it

14. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Besides the "non-troll" title to this topic, the question is valid. Not for us guessing here but to ISI making public statement about dead line for gold release. If they are able to estimate in six months berofe gold when they release the beta version (or because a huge mistake about their own capacity or just pure lying, pick one). If it was by mistake they could easily estimate new dead line 9 months later or if was just pure lies to make money and not to lose costumers to the others sims/games launched, we could keep going with this thread keeping guessing because they won´t make new statement. They already got hat they want: rf2 on the market and a few bucks.

1 person likes this.
  15. coops

coops Banned

+1 they at least owe that to the ppl that have bought the product already, as they got nothing else to offer us if you have bought lifetime membership.

1 person likes this.
  16. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I really don't understand how you can think that!!!!! It's the dumbest guess I have seen yet. You are off by 11 days, since it will be the 26th of March.:cool:
    EDIT :: Year 2013 I might add :p

17. coops

coops Banned

fanatec and ISI whats the difference ? nothing there both small companies that said they are doing 1 thing then when it dose not happen or work out to be the time they had set down, there is no new information to the community on there new expected dates..losing a lot of time for both companies.. they like getting feedback from there members or clients but do not give us the feedback we deserve.
    not saying i wont buy there products or use them. just very disappointed with there communication over what is going on in the future. ITS AS SIMPLE AS GIVING US AN UPDATE LIKE WE GET WITH RF2 OR FIRMWARE WITH FANATEC.

ok every1 have a go at me or agree with me don't care im entitled to my opinion and nothing i have said is not true.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
  18. willz

willz Registered

RF2 is only a updated version of RF1, as far as i am aware its the same updated engine so why will it take eons to go gold. I`m sure that if this beta wasn`t released for sale at the full price then the game would be ready a lot sooner, but as funds are coming in whats the rush, its the same at pcars, that game is also selling in beta mode, god knows how long that will take from the first beta sale till it is finished but i`m sure once its been released it will be forgotten about a lot sooner.
    so perhaps the strategy is to keep them in their beta state to increase sales.
    All i know is once i`ve been paid for a job all interest goes

19. dandar

dandar Registered

@coops, with all due respect.
    You already have the answer, a small company could design a product or attend everyone necessity on a forum, but can't do both at the same time. I prefer they use their time to make the product rather than answering our childish "wish lists".
    Beta in software development means "AS IS" so take it or leave it. ISI is kind enought for giving us support in the beta, maybe is not the level you spect to receive, but we have support at least.

Using the time for publishing updates is another waste of resource, will not change your life, who cares if they report something like:
    The way we can help ISI is by testing their releases and reporting back the issues. Being a beta tester is a priviledge NOT an obligation.
    So stop complaining about the lack of "something" you desire, if you are unhappy you could sell your fanatec wheel on ebay then play need for speed 23 with your mouse ... among other options.

20. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Let them work with the weight of the car in all axes directions. Weight will work fine, and will slip and suspension work properly.
    But who am I to ISI, they have their heads. Make a normal weight. All in one voice saying "do not feel the weight of the" Historical events F1-60 is just a number of well-chosen for simulation. How to set the engine, so it will work. And the physics engine can not assume anything.