[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Glad you guys like and thanks for the 500 posts! Something tells me you all are really wanting this mod. :D

2. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hell yea, any time frame for release Petros. Thanks for shearing the screens looking good. :cool:

PS Would be cool if it came when the le mans 24hr race was on, and ethone releases his track too. super :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
  3. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

Awesome , Petros. I really looking forward to this Mod! :)

4. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Re: [W.I.P] Classic Cars Mod

Very nice! :)

5. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

NOOOOOOO...we are not waiting for it...no no no....:rolleyes:

Of course we are. I loved the old mods for rFactor coming from MakCorp.

"MakCorp" for me means "quality". ;)

6. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice pics and good news...

:)

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This mod package
    & some more quality tracks will be super

Looking forward to this release

9. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

Thanks for your support guys, we really appreciate it. I am working the best I can to show you some new in-game shots of the C11, it's very close just a few more adjustments to be made.

I've been reading through the pages in this thread and it seems some people like to keep bringing up MAK's past, just to set the record straight yes we have announced mods that haven't seen the light of day but you must understand as we work new opportunities arise that then take priority and then it just keeps building and building with new stuff.

A lot of you are wondering what's happened with the other mods? well time to shed a bit of inside info on them.
    F1 2008 - We have two people working on it for rF1, then it will be converted (and enhanced) for rF2.
    Renault Megane Trophy - Model Needs updating & sounds need tweaking for rF1, then to rF2.
    Audi A5 Cup - Same as Megane.
    Dallara F308 - Derek is constantly playing with the physics
    BTCC 1998 - New models are being made for rF2
    F1 1991 & 1994 - Models are being slowly done but other things take priority

I think that covers all our mods ever announced, I know you guys are waiting patiently and our top priority is to finish these 3 cars for the Classic's mod & release it to you. Thank you to those who have backed us over the years, your support has not gone unnoticed.

Cheers,
    Ash (ADUBZ)

10. Chris Kendrick

Chris Kendrick Registered

good update ash

11. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

That´s nice to hear. It takes time to do great things and we all are getting old in the process. lol

Hope to see at least one of those finished to spend time "running" with. The wait can be way better with just one car.

The day the Mazda 787B beta appears my social life can say "good bye". ;)

12. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

It is coming ;).....

13. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Oh yes baby...closing doors and windows right now! ;) haha

14. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

HOOOO yes we want :rolleyes:

And each news is already a great enjoyment :eek:

Grats for work

15. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Greetings to all our mod followers. I thought it would be good to update you all on the happenings of this mod and the Group C cars so you have a more clear picture of where we're at and what we have left to do. We're pushing hard to get several cars done and released asap as things are dragging on quite a bit. I know its due to real life issues but I've been hounding the guys to try and get a move on it so we can complete things faster.

So first off. Lets talk about the Group C cars. The Mazda 787B is the first car that will be completely ready. Right now the car is being placed into rF1 by Steven. Why are we doing this? Well this is being done to check bugs in textures and model as well as finalize various areas and ensure the model has the quality we desire. We can also test alpha's, bump and spec maps in rF1 to get them to a level we want before placing into rF2.

With rF2 changing with every update and the inability to see the true quality in dev mode and having to always pack everything, we have decided the more quicker route would be to place the cars in rf1, get them done, and then put them in rF2 with all the areas completed. The changes would be minor at that point as most things would be already done and this can help get them out far quicker.

The 787B is now in rF1 and we've only got a few things left to do (bear in mind its still in rF2 too but we're finalizing these things in rF1 to port into rF2 easier). Those things being developed are the working gauges, LCD's, Motec stuff. Adding the lights for the headlights and brake lights etc and last of all, finalizing physics for open beta release.

Once the LCD's and Lights are done, the car will be given to our rF2 in-game team, Ales and Ashley to update the rF2 version with the working Motec's. Once physics are done, they will be ported to rF2's version and we'll release the open beta's. At this stage we think the rF1 open beta might be out first since the stuff will be done firstly there. But the rF2 version won't be long after.

While this may seem like it will take longer, in actuality, having already started this process, we've seen that its taking much less time and its more beneficial for retaining the overall quality of the mod then we first expected.

After the Mazda 787B we'll be adding other cars while we wait for the Sauber and Porsche to be finished painted. The Sauber and Porsche have been progressing very well with both Doug (painting the Sauber) and Juandi (painting the Porsche) have been working hard to develop a fantastic texture for the two of them. We aim to put those in the very moment they are done and prioritize them for release so we can fill up the Group C cars part of the mod.

We'll then continue following this process with all our other cars as they are updated (model wise) to fix various bug fixes we have found on them. As each car gets done, we'll release on a car by car basis so you can get additional content without having to wait a long time for a pack to be completed.

With the open beta's our hope is that the community will become involved to play, test and provide feedback with their thoughts on each individual car. We are working hard to try and release the first set of cars in June, that is my aim and what I'm pushing the team on at the moment, hopefully real life won't get in our way and we'll be able to achieve this.

We may have a sketchy past in the modding, but our aim is to become more united with the community and show that we've learned from our mistakes and are looking to develop great content for you all to enjoy. I'll be providing info on the development of the 787B beta over the coming days and weeks as it progresses. Stay tuned!

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
  16. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

We'll definitely stay tuned!! many thanks for the update

17. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

just another popped up: will the porsche and C11 feature the new turbo code?

18. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Because we aim for as realistic as possible, we will no doubt work hard to try and get them working with rF2's turbo engine capabilities. I cannot give any definite info right now if that will be in the first release of the open beta as it is yet another element we'll have to work out and learn. But the overall goal would be to have them be true to their roots.

19. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

We´ll be here waiting for it and in line to try that open beta.

Quality is exactly what rFactor 2 needs and "your" mods are all about that so the wait makes sense. ;)

Keep working!!

20. MARIOSF1

MARIOSF1 Registered

paidia poli kali doulia sinexiste etsi!!!