FIA Formula 2 coming up? Hoover spilled the beans :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Jul 20, 2012.

1. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

This i like alot! I'm not a modern open wheeler fan normally but i am very excited about the F2's for some reason. They should make for great league racing

"Luciano Bacheta ‏@LucianoBacheta
    We will be making sure that changes we make in real life during race weekends have the same effect on the sim."

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

As Tim said the mod was coming "soon" I can only presume this Luciano bloke is helping with final testing of the physics, i.e. saying "this sucks" or "this great" and then ISI just tweaking where required.
    If he's there to help with the overall physics/feel from scratch then I cant really see the mod coming anytime "soon", just my observation like!

4. FONismo

FONismo Registered

It could just be for an update for later on. i.e we will get the V1 soon like Tim said and these guys are helping for further down the line. All cars released so far have been placeholders right going from past updates. The F3.5 was crazy at first and the GTR and others have all improved. Whats not gonna help is this mod being available from the servers as i can see this causing mayhem once people pickup on it. I was tempted myself but i'm just gonna sit it out.

From the screens i have seen though posted on here somewhere i hope when the mod is public we get all the proper helmets aswell as the official liverys ( which are in there ). Really stood out seeing all yellow rF2 helmets

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah good point about the update, but as ISI need more selling points for Gold then surely they'd want V1 to be spot on when Gold is released. Maybe they wanna release a version to the Beta crowd to get feedback as well (no harm in that), but whatever Luciano is helping them with I can only hope thats in place before or for Gold as that should be the completed mod as its supposed to be....not requiring a further update that makes it much better ala F3.5!

6. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I think this is where rF2 differs though. It's gonna be a simulation in the same sense as iRacing and so Gold is never actually going to be final. It's going to continue evolving over the years. But yes officially going gold means they are happy enough with the simulation and it's stable enough to warrant going gold. And so i would think by then the F2's and all others will all be feeling close enough to what they/we consider feeling good. But i think after gold they are still going to be updating the sim and the core of it that will no doubt require updates to any previous mods.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

oh yeah I already know that, just meant they would probably want the F2 to be as close as possible when they start announcing the game on a more broader scale. Of course as the game progresses then the F2 may get minor adjustments but I wont want to expect massive changes down the line, or not too soon in any case.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We explained the process on the car technology page, that tells you what stage we are at. :)

9. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

"How do we verify what we have in the software?
    A lot of theoretical work and testing is required using our tools before anything is driven. When we reach that stage, and all the data is plugged into pMotor engine, other tools can be employed, in what is more of a verification stage than anything else. Methods such as video overlay, telemetry and driver feedback are used to further refine the vehicle. It is at this point where any discrepancies should become clear and the causes investigated."

By calculated astro physics equations i think we are pretty close :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
  10. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I can imagine car technology page had few thousands visits on instant ;)

11. dandar

dandar Registered

Yahooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS EXPECTING FOR THAT SO MANY TIME ... just right now i will put my foot in my girlfriend's ass just to play uninterrupted with the turbos all day long...

Thank you ISI ! I owe you a big one :D

12. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that due to a core game update instead of an update to the cars? I seem to remember that when they got better they actually didn't release an update to the FR3.5s, just a new build of the game that made all of the cars better back then.
    You're a kinky man. =)

13. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Okay when did this forum turn into a 4chan?

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I wonder how he'll throttle/brake (sounds like kamasutra to me, ohhh these young lads!!!)

15. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I'm thinking he has to have really small foot...

16. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Better be, because the opposite would imply...

Yeah, I'll stop now. Though I do find it funny that it was three Finns and a Greek that first reacted to it. =)

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Hey, since you get national, whats yours?

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Ok, I got it, I get you are Finn, please say so at your details, it doesnt mean much since we all occupy the same planet, but since you mention it...I dont have any idea what the joke about 3 Finns and one Greek is...please share?

19. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

3 Finns and one Greek walk into a bar....

Canadian buddha yells "watch out!" but they didn't hear and hit their knees.

Canada buys them all beers :cool:

Moral of story: Watch out for bars :D :p

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Ill settle for that Mike...
    Cheers :)