The second update - Build 69

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 16, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks for good feedback.

There should be no need to ever go near the core. You can't launch the rf2 exe from anywhere except the launcher.

2. Maug

Maug Registered

No i'm sorry i didn't know it needed to be logged in. I didn't expect. I'll be sure to check from now on thanks.

3. MKD

MKD Registered

All has gone well for me each build each mod, no issues.. I am VERY impressed so far.. Getting the 3 screens right was my only confusion.. The one excellent feature in LFS was adjusting live so to speak.. Frame rates are ok.. could still use more, as I know this is a pretty good system and it is taxed hard at high settings.. Only issue that really bugs me is the sounds kind of like cut out backgrounds or something at certain points.. I am on 7.1

4. 88mphTim

Ok, we will improve the notification on there so people know that. :)

5. 88mphTim

Oh and by the way, we have posted a full build 69 installer. It obviously takes you directly to build 69 (no updating).

6. _qq7_

_qq7_ Registered

I have installed build 69, tested on line without additional plugins, all was ok.
    Then I have re-installed 2 plugins, tested online, all was ok.
    The only strange things is that mod manager inside launcher and ModMgr.exe don't show the same mods installed (one mod can be "yes" in launcher and "no" in ModMgr).
    tnx for today patch :)

7. Thanks a lot guys for the very proactive reaction on this issue!
    Another good show for ISI! :D

8. matt2507

matt2507 Registered

9. Radar

Radar Registered

The FULL install with Build 69, the link works, but the file is not there. Says invalid or deleted.. I already have the game but just testing the links for you :)

10. 88mphTim

Not yet. I'm the only person on the test team who has it, so please provide more info on your system and if it happens for you on multiple cars, or which glass.

11. 88mphTim

Ok I'll see if he needs to reactivate it or something, thanks.

12. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Nice. The file size of 68-69 update is only 7.6MB! Thank you very much :) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  13. matt2507

matt2507 Registered

I tested the system on meganes and GTR and I had the bug on each.

The texture is displayed on the windshield but I do not think there have some problem on other windows.

I tried to put the textures of windows in the skin folder but they are recognized as the texture of the body.

I make my texture with photoshop CS3 extended and exported in DX5 with the DDS plugin.
    My game run on windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

14. clifdavis

clifdavis Registered

Updated via the updater and it worked fine of the 69. did the download for 68 and it took about 2 hours to download. I live in China so that isn't much of surprise.
    Thanks
    Clif

15. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

16. Kiro

Kiro Registered

NP with ANY update though launcher, I always wait for that.
    The only thing I went for was an http DL of the Endu mod/track.
    Still NP.
    Honestly, I gave up on max settings and HDR until 68.
    68 brought me playable usage on full settings only poking me with the occasional stutter/slow and black frame.
    69 lessens those.
    9AI
    Keeping it default until later.
    I certainly wouldn't try to race on-line with max settings but, will try this weekend on my own sever.

17. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Does anyone else have an issue where reflections don't work on the GT cars? Strange because they work on all the others.

18. Kiro

Kiro Registered

I think it was mentioned that the external GFX weren't final/optimized for Endu GTs in another thread.
    Maybe I'm wrong.

19. Kiro

Kiro Registered

Just a couple things from the beginning...

1. Spotter not talking?
    2. Setting weather wind speed to 400+mph does nothing. Why is that even available?
    3. Where the heck is the Clio? It's installed.
    4. Mod Mode: 1 car and one track, both look like minimum resolution. Not good for modding I think.
    5. Will we get mirror adjustments? Changing seat and FOV kills the mirror view.

20. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Not sure what you mean by "kills" unless you are saying the mirrors need to be re-aimed. If that IS what you mean, I can perhaps understand why a mere FOV change might not so clearly need re-aiming...but a seat change (in a real car) almost certainly WOULD I would think (unless it were very minor).

Possible help on that point^: I was told (and did confirm by trying it) that each side mirror (assuming two) can now be aimed individually using ALT+seat-adjust keys and CTRL+seat-adjust keys respectively. I did make a point of doing that as carefully as I could at least for my 60's F1 EVE car--I went out and parked centered along a trackside paintline and then aimed backward until I had that line where I wanted it in each mirror.

Not clear yet (at least to me) if we might even have a third adjustment should the car have three mirrors...or if there might be even more "in-depth" adjustments possible for something like...say...a NASCAR type stockcar using a "WINK" widefield/multipane mirror.

Ultimately, tweaks like those would be nice...but also a long way down the road too I'm sure. And there are many more hurdles to clear first.

CS