rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jan 26, 2012.

1. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Hi

I copied (not cut) the Motec content from the plugin folder (a couple of files and a subfolder) to the new bin64\plugins folder

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Lazza, maybe it would be best to use info.mPath[0] in SetEnvironment() to get the path to the UserData folder and then stick the INI in there. That should avoid UAC problems.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's the plan :)

4. Zizza

Zizza Registered

It would be possible to use this plugin with the Motec Display Creator?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, the plugin creates log files only. Communicating with a physical display would be a pretty hardcore option (hardware wise), I'd suggest one of the various HUD plugins would be more viable for most users. Regardless of merit I don't have a display to test on.

6. AdrianF1

AdrianF1 Registered

I downloaded the latest version (28jun) and it hasn't downforce and drag data. Is it not available?

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Not sure about aero data but maybe this helps?
    There is a ini file created from the pugin after the first execution. Did you edit the options (all channels an so on ?)

8. AdrianF1

AdrianF1 Registered

That was the problem, thanks very much :) ;)

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

you are welcome :)

10. Markj

Markj Registered

Still loving this Plugin and hoping Lazza find the time to update the 64bit version so it works, but in the meantime...
    Does any one else have an issue with the laptime shown in Motec being faster than what is shown in RF2? Mine show a lap being around 1.5 to 2 secs faster. Any help to fix would be appreciated.

11. McFlex

McFlex Registered

You have problems with 64bit? I downloaded the last version yesterday and everything seems to work fine for 64bit.

12. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

Run "Track Editor" as in post #390

13. Markj

Markj Registered

Brilliant thanks, had tried looking through the posts as sure had seen someone have the same issue, will try it later but sounds good.

@Mcflex - I think the problem is on some 64bit PCs and related to UAC there were a few of us with the issue when 64bit came out, will test again with latest RF build but pretty sure it's a problem Lazza is aware of and will fix when time allows.

14. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

The MoTec PlugIn provideds for every tyre three different rubber temperatures channels.

Two of them clear to me - but the third one isn't (XX could be FR, FL, RR, RL)

[table="width: 580"]
    [tr]
    [td]Tyre Rubber Temp XX O[/td]
    [td]Temperature of the rubber on the outer of the tyre[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Tyre Rubber Temp XX I[/td]
    [td]Temperature of the rubber on the outer of the tyre[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Tyre Rubber Temp XX C[/td]
    [td]Temperature of the rubber on the center of the tyre[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

Does someone know what "Tyre Rubber Temp XX C" is meaning? The carcass Temperatures are available in separate channels.

EDIT: Thanks to McFlex for giving the right hint

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  15. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Center

16. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Well done!
    Would you be so kind as to share with me the exact place you put each part of the download (Motec, Motec 64 bit, Motec Folder, INI etc). I have tried many times and Either RF2 crashes or the plugin doesnt work. So I need help.
    Thanks in advance.

17. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Thanks - that was to easy for me :p

18. McFlex

McFlex Registered

The Motec Software is installed to the standard folder. The .ini is configured so that the LOGs go to C:\Motec\"whateveryouwant"

"MotecPlugin_x64.dll" is in "rFactor 2\Bin64\Plugins". There is also the MotecPlugin Folder from the .rar

"MotecPlugin.ini" is in "rFactor 2"

That's it. Did you create a folder to which the LOG files should be saved? I know that the rF1 Motec Plugin can't create that folder itself so you have to do it manually. If the game doesn't crash do you hear 2 or 3 beeps when you click RACE?

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It crashes when it can't load the INI, which will happen when it can't create the INI where it wants. Both oversights on my part. So crashing means you've got the .DLL in the right place.

It tries to create the INI in the current working folder, which is probably your main rF2 folder. If this is in program files or similar you probably need admin access which may not work right through rF2. A workaround is to give yourself full access to that folder, and/or disable UAC, or even put a motecplugin.INI file there yourself. (If it were empty you'd be stuck with default options and it would probably not create log files, but if you throw in a correct INI you could configure it and the plugin should read it and be happy)

It's all a bit of a mess, I will be making installation easier and the plugin smarter, I just haven't got to it yet.

20. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Sorry I have to ask you another question as I need exact file locations from someone who has it working in RF2. I dont understand "the standard folder", I dont have a folder by that name. I know I am asking basic questions its because I have spent so long trying various options that I need very exact terms. Sorry.
    If you have time please give me exact locations
    Such as
    Program Files X86/RF2/Core/Motec Folder
    or
    User/documents/RF2/packages/MotecPlugin_x64
    Thanks