rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jan 26, 2012.

1. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Hi Lazza,

a while ago we had a conversation whether it is possible to write the setup parameters in the MoTec File as well - thus making it easier to identify which settings where used for certain laps. Don't know how much effort this this is, but it would be a great benefit.

If the effort to read the SVM-File and store the values in the motec file is to high - just adding the name of the loaded SVM file to the motec data (e.g. as comment or vehicle commment) would help as well. In that case people will just have to make sure that they save the settings under a different file name.

Thanks in advance.
    Merlin

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm with ya mate, just need time :)

3. stolkl

stolkl Registered

Question related to Motec: is it possible to count the number of times a function changes over time?
    Example:
    I created an equation from the Oversteer channel were it shows me whenever the Oversteer goes over 1, if not, just display 0: choose(('Oversteer (Ideal between 1 and -5)'<-5), 1, 0)
    Now, over the lapse of a lap, for example, I will get a graph like the following:

View attachment 14324

This basically displays where in time the "car oversteers" more than I want it to.
    The problem I was trying to solve was to count the number of times this happens during this period. Instead of having to count the changes one by one, I wanted to have a Numeric Gauge that would show the final number in the course of one lap, for example. This way I can compare between setups how the car is doing, if I am oversteering more or not.

I would think that I would need like a recursive function, but the problem is that Math in Motec is not allowing me to do this.

Any ideas!??

THANKS!

4. mvdurao

mvdurao Registered

Hello! Could someone please pass me a design for the Motec rFactor2?

Thank you

5. Tony Quezada

Tony Quezada Registered

Cant install Motec

View attachment 14595
    This is what i get when i try to extract the file in to rf2 folder
    any sugestions or any help will be appreciated

Than you

Windows7 pro
    i5-4670k @3.40GHz
    Installed memory 16.0 GB
    GPU: EVGA: GTX 660ti

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
  6. Alesi

Alesi Registered

who have a good project to rf2?

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

A simple solution would be to simply make a copy of <DataPath>\UserData\player\tempGarage.svm to the same folder that the MoToC logs are stored and name the file to match the log file. Extracting the actual values from the SVM is a much larger task which would involve extracting MAS files to track down the HDV along with the upgrades file and a bunch of other files. Probably not worth the effort. Pairing the current setup with the output log would be all thats needed IMO.

8. Mrav1337

Mrav1337 Registered

I downloaded motec plugin and its working without any problems. But my main problem is that i cannot find any good motec template just for RF2 for this plugin, where all of input data is setted up correct.
    Does anyone have one and if it can be uploaded somewhere that would be helpful for me and some people that asked before.
    Thank you

9. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Why not build your own one?

10. Mrav1337

Mrav1337 Registered

I can build my own one with raw input data without any problems, but also there are so many different maths for calculating various things that i dont know.

11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Issue sorted :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  12. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

Dear all
    Guessing that the issue below is reported yet, but this is my first time in this thread and 22 pages are too many for a quick answer.
    With Build 798, I stopped receiving data (channels) of brake discs, ando some other parameters, not to mention the problems with tyres temperatures.
    Is there any way to solve this problem? I am using motecplugin 1.05 64 bits. Perhaps 32 bits does not have that problem?
    Does anybody know if with Build 880 these problems were solved?
    Thanks in advance,

13. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

Motec causing rfactor2 to stop working here as well in 64b bit.
    I have win 8.1 which writes the ini to c/users/xxxx/appdata/local/virtualstore/program files(x86)/rfactor2.
    The 32 bit writes there ok but the 64 bit does not, causing rfactor 2 to stop working.
    I have tried removing the 32bit ini and 32 bit motec files but still cant get it to write the ini there.
    Is it that its using program files (x86) as the destination the problem?
    Has someone got a copy of the 64bit ini I could try that I could put in that folder?
    I doubt it will work but its maybe worth a shot.
    I'm guessing the 64bit motec plug in doesnt have a directory to write to in win 8.1.

14. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

I dont know how but its working now in 64bit.
    Very strange

15. Dhurara

Dhurara Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  16. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Hi Lazza,

I just did a fresh install of B880 64bit and cannot get motec plugin working. The plugin folder within the Bin64 has only the head motion plugin present and NetCommUtilPlugin.dll does not seem to show up anywhere. When I place the motec stuff in the Bin64 plugin folder rF2 crashes instantly on start.

Any idea?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The instructions are out of date. I haven't got around to redoing them because I want to rewrite the plugin including the installation but I haven't got around to completing that yet. I guess I should edit it down so it makes sense in the meantime.

What you're doing is pretty much correct; the MotecPlugin.dll (or _x64.dll) and MotecPlugin folder go into your Bin32\Plugins folder (or Bin64). The only standard plugin in there is TrackIR_rF2_Plugin.

The crash is caused by the plugin not being able to create the .ini file (because of UAC etc). It's trying to create this in your main rF2 install folder (e.g. C:\Games\rFactor2). The good news is this means you have the plugin in the right place, because otherwise it wouldn't crash it.

To help it out, take a clean .ini file:

View attachment MotecPlugin_ini.zip

And put that in your main rF2 folder. Change the values in it so they make sense (especially point it to a new log dir, because it will have trouble writing to "rFactor2\LOG\" for the same reason it couldn't create the .ini) and it should work.

18. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Hi Lazza,

can you add these following channels in the next update?

double mSuspensionDeflection; // meters
    double mLongitudinalForce; // Newtons
    double mGripFract; // an approximation of what fraction of the contact patch is sliding
    bool mFlat; // whether tire is flat
    TelemVect3 mLocalVel; // velocity (meters/sec) in local vehicle coordinates

// Driver input
    double mUnfilteredThrottle; // ranges 0.0-1.0
    double mUnfilteredBrake; // ranges 0.0-1.0
    double mUnfilteredSteering; // ranges -1.0-1.0 (left to right)
    double mUnfilteredClutch; // ranges 0.0-1.0

// Filtered input (various adjustments for rev or speed limiting, TC, ABS?, speed sensitive steering, clutch work for semi-automatic shifting, etc.)
    double mFilteredThrottle; // ranges 0.0-1.0
    double mFilteredBrake; // ranges 0.0-1.0
    double mFilteredSteering; // ranges -1.0-1.0 (left to right)
    double mFilteredClutch; // ranges 0.0-1.0

long mCurrentSector; // the current sector (zero-based) with the pitlane stored in the sign bit (example: entering pits from third sector gives 0x80000002)
    char mPitGroup[24]; // pit group (same as team name unless pit is shared)
    long mSession; // current session (0=testday 1-4=practice 5-8=qual 9=warmup 10-13=race)

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Around half of those are already available. The unfiltered/filtered input is set via one of the .ini options (can have either or both). Some of the ones you've listed I missed or didn't think were useful but I will be checking for every single item and having options to be able to log them in the next version. The last couple are among values I wouldn't consider suitable for 'channels' (they don't change during a log session, so having data logged even at 1Hz is a waste of space) but I will look to add them in one of the various comments sections for reference.

20. Dhurara

Dhurara Registered

That is great news :cool:
    <double mLongitudinalForce; // Newtons> will be useful for analyzing tyre characteristics.
    I'm really look forward to seeing next update.