rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I wouldn't rule it out - I've never done a driver swap, and don't know how plugins react to them.

2. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Hey Lazza, what would be the best way to work out via data if you are hitting the bump stops/packers?

3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Lazza
    Thanks for this plugin.
    Got it working last night and pretty excited. I'm testing the Nissan GTR GT1 (stock ISI car)for the RD VWEC (Race Department Virtual World Endurance Championships).
    Now that I have access to all this data does anyone know the optimal Oil/water temps for this car?
    Cheers
    David

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Purely via data? Would be pretty difficult to be sure I think.

If you've got a good handle on zero ride height detection and access to the vehicle HDV file you can use its BumpTravel figures as an offset and do it that way.

You've asked the question in your post in a new thread so I won't worry about that (probably can't help anyway), but thanks for the post. An occasional successful install post at least confirms the plugin still works ;)

5. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi Lazza -- if I want to disable the plugin for telemetry for a long race what is the best way to do it?

6. MJP

MJP Registered

Don't turn it on.

7. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I thought the plugin ran all the time -- i hear beeps even if i don't do CTRL M?

8. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

I think it is not always active, if not misunderstand default starts off, in my case if I want to get the telemetry I have to press ctrl + M to leave the pitlane,
    I think it would be good to put a track .wav as Rf1 that says: dataadquisitionplugin is ON or OFF.
    not how hard it would be but it seems a good idea and would be more clear, no offense seems great plugin

9. MJP

MJP Registered

It's inactive by default and CTRL+M is the default to toggle it on and off but you can change this in the 'MotecPlugin.ini' file.

@Gabriel
    That's one of the first things I did, just take the rF1 DataAquisition on/off files and rename them, as you say much clearer than 'upward' or 'downward' beeps.

10. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Works perfect!!!! ;) excellent thank you very very much MJP

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What's wrong with my beeps... lol

*To me the up- or down-beeps are easy to distinguish, and beeping sounds more 'realistic' than a voice. Though perhaps less so these days...

12. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

Lazza,

No offense. :rolleyes:
    How I wish all drivers have the same ear training (or gift) you have!
    For me, I only count 3 beeps...

13. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

Really like this plugin. It's been fantastically helpful for me in observing cars' behavior, and fixing problems. Hell, even tonight, it helped me win a race with flying colours. Also, the 3 beeps are perfectly clear for me, more so than the dialog from the rF1 version.

I've had trouble with the lap times it reports being wrong. But I managed to fix it by setting Data rate to 1 in the config file. Perhaps it's worth doing that by default?

Though are we likely to have any way of recovering ldtemp files at any time?

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hmm... wrong laptimes I haven't seen before. Are you using a recent version of i2Pro?

I think I tended to have the data rate on 1 pretty much the whole time I used it, so it is possible I've missed a bug on lower settings. But so far all lap time issues have come back to someone using a very old i2Pro.

temp file recovery is something I never got to.. yet. It's on a list of things to do for whenever I get around to updating the plugin...

15. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

I've had a couple of friends mention how the lap times are wrong aswell, off by up to half a second on a typical lap if I recall correctly. Then when the data rate is bumped up to 1, the lap times are the same as in rF2, right down to the millisecond. Though truth be told, I can't recall whether this occurred on the latest version of i2. I may have figured that out before I updated.

As we've got such an easy workaround, I'm not sure it demands much attention from you. I just wanted to make it known, to you and everyone else. :)

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Thanks for that, something to keep in mind :)

Bugs notwithstanding the data rate shouldn't affect the laptimes, the data that provides those is very light and really you can't reduce it in any way - but it's always possible something creeps in and sends it haywire within my plugin. Anyway, if someone finds that happens with a recent i2Pro version and wants to let me know that'd be great, and in the meantime if bumping up the data rate helps then that's good lol

17. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

i2Pro 1.0.21.30 report wrong lap times with default data rate

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Alrighty then, looks like I've got something to work out when I update the plugin... :)

19. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

might not be the plugin,
    regen track map by G instead of gps?

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If I'm reading your post right, I don't think the generated track has any influence on laptimes. At least there is very clear lap timing data within the log file that, as far as I know, is solely responsible for the laptimes that are pulled out.