Z Drag Racing mod

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Guy Moulton, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I don't know how this will work on the server, but I'll put it up here so we can all find out. This is one car- the 370Z GT4 and one track- Topeka Drag strip. The rules are a little weird.

Quali determines who wins. There's 10 mins to practice (private practice) then 20 mins quali (everyone's visible in quali) and you have to have some sort of race, so I just made my server 2 laps (but the race is not really anything). No fuel usage, full tire wear, no damage, no aids of any sort (no autoclutch.... it's drag racing....)

You run down the RIGHT LANE and your sector 1 time is the quarter mile time and the only time that matters. After the quarter, you go left when you first can and loop back around to the track again. After the first complete lap, you begin the timing. Then you do it again, with driver queuing up before the lane. there's a sort of christmas tree that just goes green every so often and when it's your turn, you go.

I think it'll work and be a lot of fun, so grab the mod and let's test this out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n3c6ynm1s57bhg9

2. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

Thanks i'll give it a rip
    Cheers
    Gub

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

We had a few guys on there tonight, but there's a lot of work-arounds.

We ended up doing qualifying heats against the clock. Kind of like hot lapping in a straight line. Drivers with the top 2 first sector times moved on to the race and it was a straight drag to the quarter. Kind of cool, it'll be fun with a dozen in the room. Even with 3 it was fun. The 3rd guy was the judge for the race. Although Deak1944 blew me away so the judge's job was easy!

4. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I think the way to that would have been to have the 3rd guy not even start the race at all, but watch the other cars. He'd move us up to the line, then we'd all have to have teamspeak. I enabled the voice chat but it didn't work. Then the 3rd guy tells us to go. Kind of like a street race, but WTH, it's just for fun.

The lights that the track has are a looping animation and we all see a different stage of lights. When I see it's green, the next guy sees it red. Also, timing starts after you cross the line, not with the light. So if you wanted to cheat, start way back of the lane and get a running head start to get a jump on your quarter time. This would make a fun league night event then one guy could be the one who lines guys up and releases them.