Yellow boxes for cars???

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by CH3NO2, Nov 13, 2015.

1. CH3NO2

CH3NO2 Registered

Was wondering if someone can tell me if there is a simple reason why a car doesn't load, just shows up as a yellow box? I'm sure it's missing some file. This is a GT mod I've installed that includes

Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, and McLaren. All the cars load properly except the Z4. Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help with a mod either. Any help would be greatly appreciated>

CH3NO2

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It's when you are on track while a new player joined. When you exit to pits their cars will load. There is a button you can map to load them while on track.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

It does it to save you lagging out or losing bandwidth Dow loading their custom skins, etc. On your return to the pits, they load in. And yes, there is a button for forcing a load while driving.

4. CH3NO2

CH3NO2 Registered

I appreciate the replys. I guess I failed to mention this is in single player mode.

Thanks

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Then mod is propably broken. Maybe a broken download,- try to download new.
    Otherwise it´s not a good mod.

6. CH3NO2

CH3NO2 Registered

Thank you for the help. Apparently mod is broken. Downloaded again and tried multiple uninstall and reinstall with same results. :-(

7. redapg

redapg Registered

It would help a lot if you would post the link from where you download the mod. ;)

8. CH3NO2

CH3NO2 Registered

9. redapg

redapg Registered

The problem is, that the cars body and other parts -meshes entries in the GEN file are all tagged with <max>, so if you set the Vehicles graphics to max, the car should be visible.
    But with a lower setting you get the TEMP car shown (your "yellow box) instead.
    But to be honest, the whole mod is not well done, i would suggest to use other GT cars.

10. CH3NO2

CH3NO2 Registered

Thank you for that info redapg!!! I have a couple other GT3 mods installed. Was just wanting to try this one out, but it got a little annoying with the yellow cars lol. I also have the AM GT3 mod but haven't been all that impressed with the graphics with it either.