Would this be possible!?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by FuNK!, Feb 5, 2014.

1. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Hey there ;)

I'm curious whether this car would be possible to animate and use in rF2!? A speed-depending animation would be needed and I'm afraid rF2 isn't capable of this, right?
    View attachment 11621

2. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Why do you think it is not possible... :) About the propellor ? The Corvette had a animated probellor in the rear to...
    Do you working on this ?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  3. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

The animated propeller on the Corvette is just a texture AFAIK...texture-animation is no problem (just a number of textures, animation set up in the material properties) ;) Anyhow this animation is just running and independent from the car speed.
    The propeller on this car would need to be dependent to the speed: Running slowly when standing and running faster when accelerating. AFAIK rFactor2 just can play animations but I'm not sure if a animation can included with dependences ;)

To answer your question: I'm not working on this. At least I won't work on this particular car without the possibility to have such an speed dependent animation ;)

4. albenstein

albenstein Registered

Graphics aside, I dont believe the physics engine allows for propelling a vehicle using something other than the tires. it would be nice if someone from ISI could correct me on this.