WISHES and THOUGHTS for Historics future

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DurgeDriven, Apr 21, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Full GPL seasons 1965-1969 lopl

Top Scratch .........I would pay ISI or anyone else.

Heck that could have been rFactor2, full stop for mine, I would have paid double. lol :)

They could have released all other series in their own rF2 version later on ......... lopl

Seriously though my hope is rF2 be embraced as the Historic Sim of this decade for all.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, full GPL seasons would be amazing in rf2 D...

Maybe one day...

:cool:

3. rer8

rer8 Registered

Great idea. ISI has a great start on this with the "EVE" and "Spark" line up of cars aas well as Belgium, Monaco, and Brianza. GPL as a concept would please many of us, and DD, I noticed your comment earlier about rFactor 2 being GPL "finished." I couldn't agree more. All we need are more cars and tracks.

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

There was a guy (BorekS) who made a mod (from scratch) with a full field of GP67 cars, but with fantasy names.
    The mod drives great and looks fantastic (I don't know how it'd look in rF2) and he has given carte blanche permission for anyone who wants to convert it. He has even offered to help if he can and give the dev files he has. If anyone wants to take it on, it'd be a great rF2 mod.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No maybe about it lopl
    If they can make nice DTM and others they can make nice 60's.
    I pretty sure ISI is doing at least one more classic historic track, payware pack of the remaining 1967 tracks to start will do me fine.
    I know I was against it but with this rfactor to GSC tool and all the ripping going on, why not support payware.

I want what others cant rip into another sim, I hope it is not easy to reverse convert a rF2 track.
    That is what remained so great about GPL the new scratch content.
    For years now my favourite sims Locations folders read much the same as each other which can get a bit tedious.

rF2 Historic tracks have a different flavour and feel to me unlike anything else since GPL.

pCARS and AC Spa, Monaco and Monza feel sanitized and just do not have "it" ......whatever "it" is. lopl

This unique type of content ( assuming it can't be ripped ) I think will eventually bring more historic purists to rF2.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014