Wish: Center Track IR button

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Guy Moulton, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Simbin titles have a option in the controller setup to map a button to center TrackIR. It'd be nice to be able to put that button right on my wheel. My wish is for rFactor2 to have this option as well.

2. oldschool1478

oldschool1478 Registered

In TrackIR software, you can set a center button on your wheel. I use the left one on my G25, and made the right one look behind.
    These are glance left and right buttons in rFactor. Just change your mappings in controller settings.

3. bastins

bastins Registered

Also, if you have a Logitech wheel, you can set a certain button to a keystroke (whatever you're using to center TrackIR) in the Logitech Profiler. This will give you a 'Center' button on your wheel, as well as keep your normal 'Center' key for when you aren't using your wheel.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
  4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The real problem is the TIR software. I've had this TIR for 5 years and no version of the software has ever been good about remembering my controllers and so the button I bind to centering always gets screwed up. The software sucks like that.

Games are good at remembering controllers and so a center button on the controller through the game itself will work a lot better than in the TIR software. I had this happen last night and I couldn't center my TIR because the software messed up once again. I can't reach the default button (f12 IIRC) without leaning forward a ways... which ruins the centering since I am not sitting in my natural position.

ISI- please put a center TIR button in the controls!

5. oldschool1478

oldschool1478 Registered

I've been using TrackIR for at least 10 years, and never had that problem.
    I have created a custom profile in TIR software for driving, then I assign that profile to each of my driving games.
    Then I always lock that profile.
    Be sure you have your controller plugged in and recognized by windows, before starting TrackIR software.
    Also, make sure you unbind any assigned commands in the game, to the button you you are using for center.
    I have noticed that rFactor is sometimes about 1 second slow to respond to my button press.

6. Diavolo

Diavolo Registered

Never had any problems to center TrackIR with TIR software, no matter if i use keyboard button, mouse button or wheel button!

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I made a profile then the TIR software failed to save the button I use to center. Same problem I've had all along. In Race 07 I use the button I assign in the controller options. Not a problem (well, other than being a little laggy like oldschool says). I just hope that ISI implements this feature. Not a huge deal and I'm not looking for troubleshooting advice. I'd just like a center TIR button.