[WIP] Indycar conversion.

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by SharD, Jan 22, 2023.

1. SharD

SharD Registered

It is a full conversion of the iDT Indycar mod, featuring five seasons of indycar racing (1991 - 1995) with the 1991 carset handmade by myself.

I am planning on, eventually, releasing this mod, once I have been given permission by @iDTDoug and @ApexModding - the mod is using the 2022 Indycar physics for the time being.

I have no idea how to make good tyre graphics, nor am I able of making a fuctioning dashboard, so if anyone is feeling like lending a hand, that'd be much appreciated.

GRAB_306.JPG GRAB_308.JPG GRAB_312.JPG GRAB_310.JPG GRAB_311.JPG GRAB_309.JPG

2. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

You can have our permission but for the quality and sake of the mod, it would likely be a better idea to take the MP4/8 as a base to adjust from.

datasting, Corti and SharD like this.
  3. SharD

SharD Registered

Most likely, yeah, though I think your physics are pretty good. I generally prefer good racing and fun physics over realism. But that is a matter of taste, I suppose. :)

The main difference between F1 cars (like the MP4/8 is) are the brakes, I think. F1 cars are known to have very strong brakes. So that will require some work.

Thanks for the permission!

4. SharD

SharD Registered

Oh, and, of course, F1 cars can't do ovals properly, so, should probably look at the DW12 physics instead.