SOLVED Windscreen and carbody raindrop streaking not working at all

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by EmperorOfFinland, Mar 6, 2022.

1. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

I have rather odd problems, im able to get raindrops visible on windscreens and carbodies but they dont animate for some odd reason.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 203.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 202.png

So for some reason despite i have the raindrops_desc json file on the cars teams folders the stuff just wont animate itself. it was animating itself at somepoint but now it has stopped working completely.

I have 3dsmax so i can use that to generate the mapping for the windshield but the carbody shader is more trickier as it does not work with ripplemap what i also have made for the carskin already.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

@EmperorOfFinland Add also the veh_ripple_map_video.png and veh_ripple_map.png Files to the Teams Folder.
    That should solve it.

3. EmperorOfFinland

I have added them in but for somereason it does not work. and i find it quite odd, as the windshield should work in general as i have exported it in 3dsmax as intended, i can throw the modfiles back you to as i just packed the mod today for myself. so by design the ferrari atleast should work. so do i need to name the vehripplemap differentently or just be like veh_ripple_map_video.png ?

4. EmperorOfFinland

okay i named it veh_ripple_map and it seems to work now, i wondered why it was not changing and i had accudentally changed the name of a wrong texture :D F1 1982 Mod Cars 204.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 205.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 206.png

Even the newly mapped windscreen works nicely now so its finally solved, now to create the veh ripplemaps for all of the cars

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    Hazi, redapg and Mauro like this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

Think at, that you have to paint the 2 veh_ripple_map... Files according to the Mapping of the Car, with according Colors, that are used in the raindrop_desc.json, to get the Ripples on the Cars Body, moving into the correct Directions, with the Car standing and driving. ;)