Windows 7 Versions of Luis Barata Tracks

Discussion in 'Locations' started by redapg, Jun 25, 2023.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Because some Tracks, made by @Luis Barata, don't load on Windows 7 Machines, i did make Versions of them, that load in Windows 7.
    If you use them, i would recommend to unsubscribe from the original Tracks, that you can not load anyway, before you download and install the Windows 7 Versions.

And think at: as it seems, Steam will not work on Windows 7 from January 2024 anymore!

The following ones are available

Barcelona 2021 The Modifications, to get it loading in Windows 7 are integrated into the Steam Version

Barcelona 2023 Download Windows 7 Version (original Track in Steam Workshop)

Cadwell Park Download Windows 7 Version (original Track in Steam Workshop)

Ruapuna Park Download Windows 7 Version (original Track in Steam Workshop)

Solitude Download Windows 7 Version (original Track in Steam Workshop)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
  2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

This is great guys. Been hanging out to try Solitude and a couple of others. ;)

Luis Barata and redapg like this.
  3. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

redapg likes this.
  4. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

I tried Luis' latest, Rapuna Park, and it will not load with Windows 7. Please, @redapg if you can find the time to make it work with W7. I already am forever grateful of the work you do for us, if you can....please?

And yeah, I stopped all updates from STEAM Client so my PC won't get bricked come Jan, 2024. I am still running the old client (from April 2023 I think) and keep my PC in "offline mode" as much as possible..except for game updates (rF2, AMS2). I am working on getting these games to run without STEAM at all. I have been successful with many games in my library..AMS1 was particularly tricky, but I now have it running without STEAM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To stop Steam from updating the client I used this and it is working...so far..

"-to disable the client's check for updates on start, which can prevent offline mode from working, create a "steam.cfg" in the Steam root folder and add the following lines

BootStrapperInhibitAll=enable
    BootStrapperForceSelfUpdate=disable

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

@JustDave Ruapuna Park is added in the first Post.
    I only had to remove all Garage Doors, because their Opening, when a Car is in the Garage, did not work in Windows 7 and i was too lazy to investigate in this Case....

And if you get rF2 running without Steam, inform me please. :)

Johnny Speed likes this.
  6. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Thank you very much! And if I get it working without steam I will let you know.

redapg likes this.