Wind and Crowd motion

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Murtaya, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

It seems wind and crowd motion is always on no matter what way I set it. Flags always flap, marshals turn to each other, and the crazy inflatable wavy arm men at Mills... well they waving. This causes quite a big fps hit, anyone else got this?

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Wind (and crowd) motion is used for vegetation (and crowds since they're basically the same tech).
    Animated objects (flags, marshals, ...) are something completely different; keyframed sequences.

Also, if animated objects are always enabled, how would it be possible to state they cause quite a big fps hit :) ? At render time, they are just like any other triangle-based object. There is some logic involved to calculate the animation, true, but it's not as if the animation is a nested loop for each frame :) .

Anyway, animated eye candy is typically removed in the lower track detail settings, except for the marshals.

3. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Oh because in the past I have seen static flags, not flapping, I assumed that was part of wind and crowd motion. I believed it caused an fps hit because people always recommend turning it off. Changing from an ati to an nvidia has allowed me to turn things up and thats why they now flap. Sorry my mistake.