Will the 720S ever get a rear view monitor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Martin Vindis, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

As most VR users, I don't like using any HUD or virtual mirror. I like to use the info the car gives me with it's instruments and CrewChief.
    Any chance in hell of this happening?

2. trichens

trichens Registered

What exactly are you looking for?
    IRL a race spec McLaren 720S has door mirrors and an optional Crash Avoidance System which is a camera in the rear bumper, but that's it

3. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

Looking for the thingy that makes you see what's going on behind you like in this video. You telling me that's optional? Sounds a bit dangerous, I'd assume that would be mandatory.

4. trichens

trichens Registered

That, I'm told, is an optional extra... my son works for McLaren as a lead tech on the GT3 racing cars programme.
    It's the Bosch Collision Avoidance System ( CAS-M 3 EVO ) so if you don't purchase that the camera, radar and display unit aren't fitted... so no rear view mirror.
    I didn't ask how many cars have this fitted so it may, of course, be a very common option :)

5. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

Well, today I learned, thanks for the explanation :)

atomed likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There has been very little done to ANY of the DLC cars after the release, in terms of adding items like the camera. I am assuming most the licensing agreements limit what S397 can do, they reproduce the car the factory provides so, in the case of the Porsche, there was no colored stripe on the steering wheel, and here, no camera(due to it being an option I would guess) About the only changes you will see are rare BOP adjustments and corrections to errors like missing or incorrect numbers on the steering wheel etc. Based on the history of the DLC cars provided by S397, I just don't see them adding extra equipment. They haven't even moved the windscreen # LED on the Aston GTE to the side of the car like the rest of the GTE fleet.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  7. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

The 720s in AMS2 doesn't have it either but ACC does.

8. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

This is so sad to read. One would think they would take care of the premium content at least.