Will oil/coolant on track ever be implemented in rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

From the Build 240 Build Notes:
    If you race the ISI WCR60's cars at Brianza 10K it's like a seminar in rFactor2 drafting physics. It's amazing and scary. Try it some time- if you get the AI tweaked just right you can feel how the draft sucks you right in. You either have to lift slowly and follow; or use the slingshot effect, pass them high or low (you can choose your own death!) and crash. Online Brianza noobs will try to pass all the time there not realizing that the apparent speed boost they have does not mean they are super awesome, but that they are drafting & the draft goes away when they pull out to pass. Along with a slew of other horrible changes to the car :p

Also, when you get the setup right with the GP79 cars, you can really feel the difference the diffuser makes in corners.

2. faior

faior Registered

I can confirm that too.. for example try out the Formula Marussia MR02 on Essington park, theres that crazy long curve where you go flat out, with AI drivers you can definitely see that your downforce disappears when you'r too close and you go very wide after that. Its amazing..

Btw, forum sync with rF2 doesnt seem to work.. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  3. Miro

Miro Registered

This is actually causing really some headache with the pirelli tires and the marussia.
    If you are behind somebody who is 0.5 sec a lap slower then you, you have a big problem if your strategy is calculated on the limit of your tires. Driving closely behind somebody for a few laps will destroy your tires and being to aggressive and trying to overtake also as you always loose downforce in the corners.
    Really well implemented. I was quite impressed as this made me changing the strategy fast during the race.

Strategy has a bigger impact on the race than ever, just as in the current F1 series.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  4. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Those motorcycle crashes remind me when I use to ride from College to my apartment in the Bronx. I would ride no matter the weather, rain or shine. I would always come through in the underground parking entrance which was partially covered. It was a steep downgrade which used to net me some great speed. Quick left then right and I could get a good lean on both. Went in one time and while in the right turn leaning about a good 45 degrees (give or take) didnt realize water had pooled just enough to bring up oil. Wheels said adios to the pavement and the bike said adios to me, meanwhile the ground said "Make yourself at home" to my body. It felt like I was sliding for miles. lol

Edit: And you guys have a point. I never saw it coming. Hell I was looking at the very spot and saw nothing. Of course that was with rain. On a clear sunny day I still think you should see something.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You'd see lingering smoke easier than you'd see anything on the track, IMHO.