Why there is green tint now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nibo, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I was among people who complained of dark-ish look with red tint before build 298. But now since build 298 red is gone and everything has gone to green tint instead. This throws me so much from immersion. It looks like Fallout 3 with its default greenish tint.

Here is build 240 (from onboard it actually looks ok, colors are more or less good, maybe whites must be more white. I complained more about exposure, not colors):
    View attachment 9750

Now since build 298:
    View attachment 9751

Its not neutral palette at all :( Can we hope for a fix?

2. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

For me the new colors are more natural, see the white banner on start-line in 240 it was yellow/orange, it's white now in 300 ;)

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

It may be closer to white, than before, but its not white, its green. Look what color picker shows:
    View attachment 9752

4. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

I think it has gone a bit too far the other way now. There's got to be a sweet spot somewhere in between.

5. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

It's not relevant because your test is on one pixel and the final result is on a more large panel.
    And in my test all pixel are more near grey shade that green. When RGB are on similar value (when you have R=G=B) you are on grey with R=255 G=255 B=255 => white and R=0 G=0 B=0 => black

In my test I find similar value (more than 200 and relatively equal on R and G(V in my screen) and little less for B) but this is a shade of gray (light gray) not a shade of green ;)

[​IMG]

test on upper left side of the banner

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I believe it is going in the right direction. You have now a wider spectrum to control the color of the light, which is done by the air mass parameter in hdr profiles.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I agree with OP I could not notice it last 2 builds the first second in menu, especially in the grid view window, said as much in the 298 thread and put a screen but no one replied.......

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...d-298-Released?p=201919&viewfull=1#post201919

With HDR on and no profile for mine it looks like green sunglasses 1-2% tint.

8. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The default hdr profile (or none profile) hasn't changed since build 069. It is just a fallback for tracks that have no profile included. It is not some kind of reference lightning and should be updated for the changes we have seen in the gfx engine.

Here are 3 sreens at Mores 5pm. The default profile is active and the only value I have changed is the air mass setting.

air mass 1.6
    [​IMG]

air mass 1.0 (default)
    [​IMG]

air mass 0.6
    [​IMG]

The last shot is a modified hdr profile.
    [​IMG]

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

There are many variables possible which makes it even harder to set a choice by the eye. Many diff settings are looking good in a diff way. Nice was a sort of auto calibrating to fit monitor conditions. This way we need something like a eye spyder cam to calibrate the base.