Why can't I download what I've paid for?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by The Angry Arab, Dec 18, 2023.

1. The Angry Arab

The Angry Arab Registered

I recently reinstalled my computer, and I try to redownload all of my Items from Steam inventory, which I have purchased from Studio-397, but they have shut me out of viewing or re-downloading all of the addons which I have paid my hard earning cash to get, and I am asked to re-purchase these items. What the heck is this? "This item is marked as hidden or you do not have permission to view it"..

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You can download them from inside the game, open the content manager.

The Angry Arab likes this.
  3. The Angry Arab

What about the Steam Item store? Where did my items go? As far as I can see, this shop is still up and running?

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

All the same, use the in-game store. It is the future.
    When you get to the main menu, click on PENDING UPDATES. Then install pending updates. That should get you back where you were before. You won't have to purchase anything again UNLESS you logged in with a new or different Steam account.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They are there, and your items show in your inventory, but you can't view each item to find the subscribe button.

This has been the case since maybe 2 years ago, to fix some issues that were happening, and you wouldn't have noticed at that point because it wasn't possible to unsubscribe from bought items in rF2.

The in-game system has since changed, so you should manage through there as described above.

6. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Content manager > Store content > Select all > Install ...

You will even get what you didn't paid for but it won't be playable.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  7. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Steam changed something so it no longer shows up, you now need to use the in-game method.

8. The Angry Arab

Great, thanks for the info. First time reinstalling after years, and I didn't know that this had changed. First thing I did was naturally to try and download all the items, and then saw that I didn't have permission to redownload them. I then went to the discurssion forum to check for information regarding this before making this post. But if it's two years ago, makes sense that there was no word about it on recent submissions. Sum it up: now I know, thanks.

9. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

You should never ever need to reinstall anything from Steam after a new operating system.

Refrain from putting Steam on C:\ drives
    If you need to delete other partitions then use a external backup or secondary drive to move your entire steam folder.

This will take far less time.

P.S. The best idea by far is to use a hard drive exclusively for Steam
    Just remember to name them properly so you don't go deleting them when you setup fresh windows.
    Espcially when you mix M2 SSD and Sata drives which a new OS will change all your drive letters. :eek:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  10. The Angry Arab

This is true, and something I have always done. But Steam has done something on their frontend. It just wouldn't recognise my games anymore. I was not allowed to add the steam folder as a library. I had to create a new one. It wouldn't recognise any of my installed games, so I had to literally reinstall everything.