Why are the free online tracks so bad?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BorisK66, Mar 2, 2024.

1. BorisK66

BorisK66 Registered

50% of the tracks in free _official_ online are just rubbish in every way, both in terms of graphics and configuration. There are some good ones, of course ( updated Lime Rock Park, Zandvoort), but some of them you can't look at without tears. Possible to pick out of hundreds of tracks from the Steam workshop ten cool ones, for example, Barcelona or Most? I think that racing on beautiful tracks is much more enjoyable than on tracks with graphics that are 15 years out of date. This would increase the popularity of the game and make it more attractive to new players.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The RaceControl system can't use content that isn't licensed. Pretty much all of that workshop content (and let's not forget that some of those started life in other games) is not licensed.

3. BorisK66

BorisK66 Registered

Thanks for answer. That's what I thought. That's too bad.

4. Fingers

Fingers Registered

I quite like the tracks, some have a great layout providing good racing.

8Ball, Bernat and atomed like this.
  5. atomed

atomed Member

Me too, some fresh air always is nice, and these Australian tracks are beautiful.

8Ball likes this.
  6. doug484

doug484 Registered

I like the online rookie tracks also. Not sure why they make the OP cry.

atomed and 8Ball like this.
  7. wowbaggr

wowbaggr Registered

Not sure why you feel the need to adopt such a d!ck tone towards the OP.

With a few exceptions, the free online tracks do look rubbish compared to today's standards in other games. It was a decision made that all beginner stuff must be free - and the official free stuff is very old, and looks very crap. And it is a shame, since the paid dlc tracks look pretty amazing.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Dick tone?

The OP literally said you can't look at some of the tracks without tears.

9. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

So it is not okay for someone to question the OP but you in all your wisdom and your mate can drag all rF2 3rd party modders into the dirt with you ?

Not on my Watch :D

There are so many fantastic free tracks.
    I will not give you the satisfaction of naming them and would take too long to spend on ingrates ( ungrateful persons )

So a track can feel lifeless and bland as long as it looks good .............right. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
    atomed likes this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@8Ball no one is talking about "all" the tracks. Just the ones used in Race Control.

wowbaggr likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Scenery: Very nice when first going out and learning the track. After that, there is this thing called the racing surface, a few meters either side of that is all I care about.

atomed and 8Ball like this.
  12. wowbaggr

wowbaggr Registered

Yes, calm down please. I referred, quite clearly, to the free online tracks - which is what the topic is about.

I also didn't accuse anyone of 'crying' or use any other ad hominem type attacks just because another had a different view from my own. No one was dragged into the dirt, except perhaps the person whose decision it was to force rookies to use the very much not-up-to-current standards tracks.

Please go get your righteous indignation adrenaline buzz elsewhere.

13. wowbaggr

wowbaggr Registered

Sorry, my misunderstanding. Didn't catch that you were referencing his 'tears' comment. Apologies if it was meant in honest good nature.

I thought you were just being aggressively dismissive, something which is too common on these forums these days.

14. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Wake up and don't tell me to calm down lol
    I never said I was talking about offline or online tracks, show me where I said that ? Stop talking bs.
    I said " free " tracks, all the ones mentioned are free ?
    Sick of you types you talk crap then try to turn it around blame someone else
    imho all S397 online and ISI yes Belgium Italy and Monaco not used online are all fine damn tracks..
    You are the one calling modders work rubbish.
    So you go away okay. lol

You are RUBBISH okay

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
  15. wowbaggr

wowbaggr Registered

You are definitely missing something obvious here. Might want to read through again.

I did.

16. atomed

atomed Member

CouldnĀ“t agree more, give me some good asphalt and keep your beautiful trees for a family picture :p

Bernat likes this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The thread is obviously (read the first two posts) about the tracks used on RaceControl - which are only the licensed ones. Nothing at all to do with third party modders.

I get that telling someone to calm down is the worst way to make them calm down, but jesus - keep this in context.

18. Bernat

Bernat Registered

There are tracks by Engineering Consulting in RC too. I think they are third party modders, arent' they?

19. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Not really. Engineering Consulting was the company behind the development of the Tatuus cars and a couple of tracks. All officially licensed. The cars ended up being a collaboration with Studio 397 and they ended up being released as official content. The tracks, being free, were uploaded under the Engineering Consulting account. They are all tracks where the Tatuus cars race is real life.

pkelly, Ayrton de Lima and Mauro like this.
  20. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Aha, I didn't know this. They have more than a couple tracks though. So I understand that S397 licensed these tracks and own them although they were uploaded with an Engineering Consulting account.