Why am i so slow on cars with new tyre model?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davek, Feb 17, 2022.

1. davek

davek Registered

Hi Everyone
    On the regular content I am on the pace of AI 110%, but with the content that uses the new tyre model (Indy Car IR-18 and the BMW DTM) i am miles off the pace, I have to lower the AI to 95% to get around mid pack? It's so strange (the grip levels for the AI are altered in the game files, not sure if that may affect the new tyres)

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would say coincidence. The AI performance is balanced per mod, and could be made impossible to beat on 80% or easy to beat on 120%, on either tyre "model".

It may simply be the drivers testing were faster during development of these cars, so the 100% level is higher.

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

You are probably not used to faster reacting, more planted, sharper, edgier tires. Change your driving, anticipate tires shifting between sliding and gripping phases quicker, and also try to put more effort in avoiding putting tires on excessive sliding phase. Essentially there is no way around it, but to put more concentration and precision into driving, just like it should be with modern racecars in order to achieve great pace.

BTW IR-18 default setup is super safe, and not as fast as it could be if you'd work on the setup to reduce understeering.

By the way, 110% AI is very much. I am good with 107% :D But as Lazza said, it is reasonable to expect little bit of fluctuation between different cars. But in this case I think change is dominated by requirement to change driving style.

davehenrie likes this.