Why AI > 1 sec slower from one race to another?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by P.S.R., Jun 24, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Using 2 AI (Norton Scraples and Parker Pennington) with Spark F2 at Monaco. AI fastest race laps are >1 sec slower than previous race. Why?

Here is .RCD file ==> View attachment 17141

AI strength = 95% ; AI Limiter = 0 ; AI auto line smooth = 0

Is there anything I can change to make their speed more consistent from race to race?

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

First: Why the heck do you have autolinesmooth at 0 ?????
    Second: Maybe different Realroad-setting?

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I thought zero was what was recommended after one of the builds. I don't even remember what I use to set it to before then. What should it be?

Same real road but good idea anyway...

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

It should be full on. So 7. What would make...... sense.
    Not really sure though if it does any difference as I never had it on another value as full since rF1-days.
    In my understanding it would smoothen the path for the AI, what - theoretical - should have a positive effect on them.
    Actually it could be the case that 7 isn´t the "full" value as it includes fast, left and right (1,2,4). Maybe BLOCK line is 8 then,
    what would mean that 15 is the max value.
    In JSON you can read: "note this causes multiplayer join lag!" ----- never had that (I think). Don´t know if it is relevant in any way.

For the thing with the difference I can only think of different conditions.
    Maybe in one race you made a training session before and in second race not? Temperature? Something like that.

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Interesting. I went back and was even able to find a post I made (on December 11 of last year so don't know what that build was) where I was saying that I was having problems with auto line smooth = 3 which is what a lot of folks were using but then default changed from 1 to zero and IIRC someone said zero is new recommendation. Regardless the explanation from MikeZ of ISI said it was buggy and intended for developers yada yada but that was before when I began having problems with 3 so go figure...

Regarding differences yeah it's weird because I literally left the track, checked stats in Log Analyzer and then went back to the track without changing anything. Thanks for brainstorming though...