Where is portuguese spoken forum and what are the guiding lines for having others

Discussion in 'Forum Problems' started by Valter Cardoso, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Hello.
    Im must say this is not only in your place happening.
    A lot of companies usually ignore portuguese language in games or in forums.
    Do you all know that portuguese is spoken by 272,9 Million people? That is the 5th spoken language in the world?
    I really dont understand the criteria used by some companies....and for exemple ISI foruns..you have spanish,german and italian dedicated forums.
    There are 62 million people speaking italian.
    There are 180 million people speaking german.
    Brazil alone has almost that ammount of people.
    I dont know what are the reasons behind this ignore to our language .
    Its nothing againt ISI or this forum....its just a remark.
    Cheers from Portugal.

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

I haven't seen any requests to open a Portuguese section. If the Portuguese speaking segment of our community would feel a dedicated section would benefit them, then I'm sure it can be considered. Keep in mind though that the ISI staff would not be able to respond to posts written in a language they don't master.

3. Domi

Domi Registered

I guess that's because their business volume is bigger in those countries.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Here I thought it was only Portugal and Brazil who spoke portuguese. Interesting.

5. Tiago Guerreiro

Tiago Guerreiro Registered

Angola, Moçambique, Quine Bissau, São Tome e Príncipe, timor Leste, Cabo Verde, Brasil and Portugal

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think it's important to remember ISI isn't some multi-national that sat down one day and said, "Let's improve our language handling... which translators do we need to employ?"

It's likely the German, Italian, and Spanish sections are there not only due to demand (number of people asking) but because some existing ISI staff can converse fluently in those languages.

Someone from China could easily ask why Mandarin doesn't have its own forum, since there are nearly a billion speakers, but if no ISI staff can speak/read Mandarin... there's not really any point.

7. Jazzda

Jazzda Registered

Not exactly. Now Portugal and Brazil speak Brazilian, law enforced :rolleyes:

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

They're created on request and I need a barrage of people asking for it to make one.