Where is everything???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bronco1970, Jan 15, 2012.

1. bronco1970

bronco1970 Registered

Please excuse my ignorance.......but how do I get cars and tracks installed??? I wanna give the rFactor 2 beta a go but don't have anything cars or track wise..........!
    Many tanx for assistance

2. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

3. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Well, I suppose I can step up here and help a guy named "bronco"...even if we got completely clobbered tonight. <sigh>

---

The content is downloaded seperately and each "package" is then installed before use.

Torrent files (peer-to-peer) were uploaded last week, and many of us got a head-start then by downloading them. Here is at least one link you might find helpful:

http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-content-distribution-started

I myself am not typically a "file-sharer," so I had to seek a little advice first about which "torrent client" might be good. "uTorrent" was recommended and has so far worked just fine for me, but there are quite a few other options out there too I gather.

I do know the content was also supposed to be downloadable from direct links too, but do not know if those have been made available yet or not.

Remember: With each package you must also "install" it to access it from within the beta...so don't forget that vital step.

Good luck (I hope that helps^).

CS

4. bronco1970

bronco1970 Registered

Thanks guys, sorted it out with your help.

Many thanks, looking very much forward to the final product. I don't know why so many people are compaining, it IS a beta.....I love it so far and am anxious to see how good the final is going to be.

5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Just keep remembering the "b" word and you will smile with what we have so far.